Searching for the cheapest insurance for a new or used Lincoln Navigator in Colorado can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can use our car insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There is a better way to buy car insurance so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Lincoln and locate the lowest possible price from Colorado Springs insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers need to shop coverage around before your next renewal because car insurance prices are constantly changing. If you had the lowest price on Lincoln Navigator insurance in Colorado Springs two years ago you can probably find a better rate now. There is a lot of wrong information about Navigator insurance out there, but in this article, you're going to get some excellent ideas to find affordable car insurance in Colorado Springs.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Colorado Springs can be much easier if you know how to start. If you're already insured or just want to save money, use these money-saving tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing protection. Drivers just have to learn how to shop their coverage around from many different companies online.
How to find affordable Lincoln Navigator insurance in Colorado Springs, CO
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. To get cheaper car insurance in Colorado Springs, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Statistics and details
The information displayed next showcases a range of coverage prices for Lincoln Navigator models. Being able to understand how rate quotes are calculated can help drivers make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Navigator L 2WD||$178||$324||$330||$20||$98||$950||$79|
|Navigator L 4WD||$178||$324||$330||$20||$98||$950||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in Colorado Springs location which can raise or lower coverage rates greatly.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The diagram below compares Lincoln Navigator insurance prices with and without full coverage. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set guideline to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Lincoln Navigator replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing you more than $700 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Determine discounts to get cheap Colorado Springs insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don't always list all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online.
- Low Miles Discount - Keeping the miles down on your Lincoln could qualify for substantially lower insurance rates.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active deployment in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your insurance provider.
- Professional Organizations - Joining certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Lincoln Navigator insurance.
- Student Discounts - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way. But all discounts will help lower your insurance premiums.
The information below compares Lincoln Navigator insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
To locate insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Colorado Springs, click here.
Why you need Lincoln vehicle insurance in Colorado
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Navigator with a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Lincoln Navigator but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Lincoln gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $855 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is my Lincoln Navigator covered if I use it for business?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people still prefer to have an agent's advice and that is OK! Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs that provide free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Colorado Springs should know the answers to these questions.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Colorado Springs?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Two types of Colorado Springs car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's important to understand the different types of agents that you can choose from. Agencies in Colorado Springs are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both sell insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices such as State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. These agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Colorado Springs exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Roberto Martinez - State Farm Insurance Agent
1216 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 574-0210 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Ed Reed
202 E Cheyenne Mountain Blvd k - Colorado Springs, CO 80906 - (719) 540-8400 - View Map
- Bob Hawkins - State Farm Insurance Agent
5490 Powers Center Point #132 - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 418-3377 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it's recommended you get some free quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that can give you rate quotes.
- Pikes Peak Insurance Agency
2306 N Powers Blvd #120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 591-4500 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Jeffrey Lloyd Sudermann Agency
6455 N Union Blvd #104 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (303) 974-7676 - View Map
- Southern Colorado Insurance Center
4390 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 329-4441 - View Map