A recent car insurance study discovered that over 70% of drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,800, drivers could save almost 35% a year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The recommended way to find affordable quotes for Lincoln MKC insurance is to compare prices annually from insurers in Colorado Springs.
- Read and learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives more details to get cheaper coverage and find missing discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper MKC coverage is available in Colorado Springs. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you're comparing identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
We hope to teach you a little about the most effective way to quote insurance and how you can save the most money. If you're already insured, you will definitely be able to save money using these methods. Although Colorado vehicle owners do need to understand the way insurance companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Save money with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always publicize every available discount very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Claim-Free Discount - Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Colorado Springs car insurance quote in comparison with bad drivers.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Renewal Discounts - Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current MKC insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Active Military Service - Having an actively deployed family member can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Cautious Drivers - Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
It's important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
Some of the larger companies that may have these discounts include:
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered everywhere.
The easiest way to compare policy rates for Lincoln MKC insurance in Colorado Springs is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies will pay a fee to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details including if your license is active, how old drivers are, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, and what your job is. Your rating data is submitted instantly to insurance carriers in your area and you will get price comparisons almost instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Colorado Springs.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Colorado. To get the best auto insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. It's important that you understand some of the factors that go into determining car insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the things used by companies to determine your rates.
- Save miles and save money - The more you drive each year the more you'll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Autos that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your MKC can cost quite a bit. It's a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating is showing how each vehicle is driven.
- Optional features that cut rates - Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
- Do you need those incidental coverages? - There are a ton of additional coverages that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, towing, and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but if they're wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
- Where you call home can affect costs - Having an address in a rural area can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Tickets are costly - Getting just one driving citation can boost insurance rates to the point where it's not affordable. Careful drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have gotten serious citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Reduce prices by driving safer cars - Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Lincoln is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
Lincoln MKC claim data - Companies study historical loss data to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Lincoln MKC vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Lincoln MKC Vehicles Specific Lincoln Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKC 4dr 2WD 97 76 69 Lincoln MKC 4dr 4WD 99 68 72 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance can be complex
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
Many people would rather have an agent's advice and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is especially important in Colorado Springs.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can provide free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You'll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you need to find a local Colorado Springs insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to compare prices from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Colorado Springs that can give you free rate quotes.
- Southern Colorado Insurance Center
4390 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 329-4441 - View Map
- WIN Insurance Agency
3485 Academy Blvd N Ste 101 - Colorado Springs, CO 80917 - (719) 599-9494 - View Map
- Solid Rock Insurance Agency
2850 Serendipity Cir W #230 - Colorado Springs, CO 80917 - (719) 574-0082 - View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Michael Brandl Agency Inc.
1965 Dominion Way Ste 120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 630-7557 - View Map
- Aileen Baldwin - State Farm Insurance Agent
540 W Garden of the Gods Rd - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 599-9044 - View Map
- Bob Hawkins - State Farm Insurance Agent
5490 Powers Center Point #132 - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 418-3377 - View Map
Selecting a auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lincoln MKC in Colorado Springs, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln has a loan, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and require you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Lincoln gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so it's important to compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
More comparisons equals affordable rates
We just presented a lot of information how to compare Lincoln MKC insurance premium rates in Colorado Springs. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Affordable Lincoln MKC insurance in Colorado Springs can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell through local independent agencies.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)