Regrettably, most car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Colorado Springs consumers could cut their rates by nearly 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to find affordable car insurance rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest Lexus GS 200t insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Colorado Springs.
- It will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for information to help keep rates affordable and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Colorado Springs. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use identical coverage information on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you’re already insured or need new coverage, you can use this information to get lower rates without sacrificing coverage. Buying the cheapest insurance in Colorado Springs is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Vehicle owners just need to learn how to compare price quotes from many different companies online.
Learn How to Get Car Insurance at a Discount
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
- Pay less with a high NHTSA crash test rating – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Lexus has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. Marriage translates into being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven every year the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage states the proper vehicle usage. Improper usage on your GS 200t may be costing you higher rates.
- Responsible drivers pay less – Getting just one ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get license-revoking violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Men tend to take more risk – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Females and males are in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
All major car insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get insurance quotes online. The process is fairly simple because you just enter the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. Once entered, the quote system will order reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price based on the data you entered. Quoting online for Lexus GS 200t insurance in Colorado Springs makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for a lower rate.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter your coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting rate quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. To buy the best car insurance in Colorado Springs, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lexus GS 200t, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Lexus at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Lexus GS 200t but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $869 every year so compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Get cheap Lexus GS 200t insurance in Colorado Springs with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for reduced rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Paper-free Discount – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Accident Free – Colorado Springs drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get substantially lower rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 25 to 30%.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for homeowner, switch companies, alternative fuel, multi-car, good student, early shopping, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, renewal discount, good student, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, multiple policy, good driver, anti-theft, student away at school, accident-free, and driver’s education.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, federal employee, seat belt use, anti-theft, air bags, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, multi-car, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for multi-policy, good student, multi-car, new graduate, and hybrid vehicle.
If you need inexpensive Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. For a list of insurers with the best discounts in Colorado Springs, click this link.
Buying from car insurance agents
Some people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Colorado Springs who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best provider requires you to look at more than just the price. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Colorado Springs?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Shown below are agents in Colorado Springs that are able to give comparison quotes for Lexus GS 200t insurance in Colorado Springs.
American Family Insurance – Mario Aragon Agency Inc.
1135 E Fillmore St – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 570-0707 – View Map
Best auto insurance in Colorado
Selecting the top auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices you have in Colorado. The rank data in the next section can help you select which companies to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and choosing a policy, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Should I rate my Lexus GS 200t as pleasure use or commute?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What if I total my Lexus GS 200t and owe more than it’s worth?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Find cheap auto insurance prices by comparing often
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned many tips how you can get a better price on Lexus GS 200t insurance in Colorado Springs. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)