Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who shop rates annually will most likely buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent study showed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved $72 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding low prices for insurance is the reason for your visit, then having some knowledge of how to choose a company and compare coverage rates can save money and time.
Really, the only way to get more affordable Land Rover LR3 insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies in Colorado Springs. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations, accidents, and bad credit can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives the details to help keep prices low and earn larger discounts.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Find a Colorado Springs insurance agent
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
If you have a policy now or just want a better rate, use these cost-cutting techniques to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. This article will instruct you on the most effective ways to compare rates. Shoppers just need to learn the best way to compare different rates over the internet.
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all possible discounts very well, so we researched some of the more common as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Anti-theft System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Colorado Springs auto insurance quote.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Student Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver's education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Buy New and Save - Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Good Driver Discounts - Drivers who don't get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for location of vehicle, ease of repair, multi-policy, accident-free, age of vehicle, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, federal employee, and multi-policy.
- AAA includes discounts for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, passive restraint, multiple autos, anti-theft, driver's education, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be offered in every state. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Colorado, follow this link.
Shop Land Rover LR3 insurance online
The following companies can provide free quotes in Colorado. To get the cheapest car insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Local Colorado Springs insurance agents
Many drivers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Good agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is still important in Colorado Springs.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Colorado Springs who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you prefer to buy insurance from an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Colorado Springs are either exclusive or independent. Either can provide insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, it's a good idea to get several quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are Colorado Springs independent insurance agencies who can help you get free insurance quotes.
- Mary Beth Stiltner Insurance Agency
1880 Dublin Blvd # C - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 528-1555 - View Map
- Jensen Insurance Agency
125 N Parkside Dr #201f - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 635-9557 - View Map
- ALINK Insurance Services- Colorado Springs Location
2407 W Colorado Ave - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 473-6262 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Colorado Springs willing to provide price quotes.
- Tom Calvin - State Farm Insurance Agent
1311 E Fillmore St - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 473-3600 - View Map
- Chris Sutherland - State Farm Insurance Agent
6130 Barnes Rd #104 - Colorado Springs, CO 80922 - (719) 598-8211 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Michael Janzen Agency Inc.
1045 W Garden of the Gods Rd Ste M - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 528-6387 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Colorado Springs should know the answers to these questions.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
Don't give up on cheaper premiums
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim or policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies is easier than you think.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Land Rover LR3 insurance prices online in Colorado Springs. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
The cheapest Land Rover LR3 insurance in Colorado Springs is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)