How long has it been since the last time you looked for more affordable Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Colorado Springs? Are you at wits end from trying to scrape together enough money to buy auto insurance? You are no different than most other people in Colorado.
Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop around at least once a year will most likely buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower rate. A study discovered that people who compared rates annually saved on average $70 a month compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding discount rates on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance is your objective, understanding the best way to quote and compare car insurance can make the process less intimidating. With people having so many choices for buying lower-cost insurance for a Kia Optima Hybrid in Colorado Springs, it is hard for the average consumer to find a more affordable auto insurance provider.
This article’s intent is to tell you the most effective way to quote insurance. If you are insured now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Smart shoppers only need to know the quickest method to compare rate quotes from many companies at once.
Informed Drivers Know How to Get Car Insurance at a Discount
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other factors are not as apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the things that are used to determine car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you better car insurance rates.
- You may save more by combining policies – Most insurers will award discounts to customers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Getting married brings a discount – Being married can get you a discount when buying car insurance. Having a significant other means you’re less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Raising deductibles saves money – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Allowing your car insurance to lapse raises prices – Driving with no insurance can get you a ticket and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Colorado department of motor vehicles.
- Drive less and get lower prices – Driving a lot of miles in a year the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Double check that your policy reflects the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Optima Hybrid is throwing money out the window.
- Your age impacts your rates – Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Claims statistics for a Kia Optima Hybrid – Insurance companies analyze the history of losses when setting rates for each model. Models that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher premium rates.
The table below shows the collected loss data for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Kia Optima Hybrid Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Optima Hybrid 143 115 116 139 158 151BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Colorado Springs
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Optima Hybrid insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance but check with your company.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Colorado Springs.
Colorado auto insurance companies ranked
Finding the highest-rated company can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Colorado. The ranking information in the lists below could help you choose which insurers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Smart consumers save more
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented some good ideas how you can save on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Colorado Springs. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
How to buy low-cost Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Colorado Springs
The preferred way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who provide car insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, put the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)