The most effective way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to compare quotes once a year from companies who sell auto insurance in Colorado. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a bad credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives information to get low prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. Don't forget to put the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
It's a fact that insurance companies don't want you shop around. Consumers who shop for lower rates are likely to switch insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved an average of $850 each year compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is your ultimate objective, then learning a little about how to shop and compare insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Colorado Springs can initially seem challenging. If you're already insured or just want a better rate, you can use this information to save money and still get good coverage. Shoppers just have to know the most efficient way to compare rates from multiple carriers.
Low Cost auto insurance in Colorado Springs, CO
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Nissan Frontier coverage analysis
The price information below outlines different insurance rates for Nissan Frontier models. Learning how auto insurance prices are calculated is important for drivers to make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$204||$412||$452||$26||$136||$1,230||$103|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$240||$412||$452||$26||$136||$1,266||$106|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$240||$502||$452||$26||$136||$1,356||$113|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$276||$502||$452||$26||$136||$1,392||$116|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$276||$502||$452||$26||$136||$1,392||$116|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$276||$412||$362||$22||$108||$1,180||$98|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$276||$592||$452||$26||$136||$1,482||$124|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$276||$592||$452||$26||$136||$1,482||$124|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$276||$502||$362||$22||$108||$1,270||$106|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$310||$502||$362||$22||$108||$1,304||$109|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$310||$502||$362||$22||$108||$1,304||$109|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$310||$502||$362||$22||$108||$1,304||$109|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$310||$502||$362||$22||$108||$1,304||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can change coverage rates considerably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can change Nissan Frontier premium costs for different age groups. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cheap Colorado Springs auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online. If you don't get every credit available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Paperless Signup - A few larger online companies will provide an incentive simply for signing over the internet.
- Student in College - Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Colorado Springs without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Active Military Service - Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving fewer miles can qualify you for cheaper rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Teen drivers should take driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Nissan Frontier insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, emergency military deployment, military active duty, driver training, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safe driver, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, good driver, good student, accident-free, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including theft prevention, good student, homeowners, air bags, early bird, and student driver.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in Colorado Springs.
Should I have guidance from an agent?
Certain consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this quick form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- If they are an independent agency in Colorado Springs, which companies do they recommend?
- How are claims handled?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you want to use a local Colorado Springs insurance agent, it's important to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Agents in Colorado Springs can be described as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Austin Morgan - State Farm Insurance Agent
2606 Palmer Park Blvd - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 630-1800 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Dave Karstens Agency Inc.
3225 Templeton Gap Rd Ste 104 - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 636-3336 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Mario Aragon Agency Inc.
1135 E Fillmore St - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 570-0707 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so they can write business through lots of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs willing to provide rate quotes.
- Solid Rock Insurance Agency
2850 Serendipity Cir W #230 - Colorado Springs, CO 80917 - (719) 574-0082 - View Map
- A Better Choice Auto Insurance
1863 N Circle Dr - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 667-1301 - View Map
- Southern Colorado Insurance Center
4390 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 329-4441 - View Map
If you get positive feedback for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to provide auto insurance coverage. Just keep in mind it's your policy and you can cancel your policy whenever you wish so don't assume that you are obligated to any specific company for the entire policy term.
Colorado Springs auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with a highly-rated insurance company is difficult considering how many choices you have in Colorado. The company rank data shown next can help you pick which car insurance providers to look at comparing prices from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Smart shoppers get results
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service or high prices. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Cost effective Nissan Frontier insurance is definitely available online and from local agencies, so get free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not have rate quotes online and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
We covered a lot of tips how to shop for Nissan Frontier insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest rates come from a small local company.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)