If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to regularly compare prices from different companies in Colorado.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding and an imperfect credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies. Compare rates
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Five Hundred coverage is available in Colorado Springs. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is that you'll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Unimaginable but true, most auto insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Colorado Springs could cut their rates by roughly 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Colorado Springs is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. In a nutshell, everyone who quotes auto insurance will most likely be able to reduce their rates. Nevertheless, Colorado drivers must know how the larger insurance companies determine how much to charge and use it to find better rates.
The majority of larger companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm give insurance quotes on their websites. Obtaining pricing for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Colorado Springs can be done by anyone because you just enter your required coverages into a form. When complete, the system gets your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote. The ability to get online rates for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Colorado Springs makes it simple to compare prices and it's very important to do this if you want to get a lower rate.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in CO, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Earn discounts on Colorado Springs auto insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Homeowners Savings - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Military Discounts - Having a family member in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Passing a course teaching defensive driving skills could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Organization Discounts - Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Colorado Springs is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver's education course as it can save substantially.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Colorado Springs auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Good Grades Discount - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
- SAFECO may include discounts for safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, multi-car, anti-theft, and drive less.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driver, good driver, Steer into Savings, and bundled insurance.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good student, and defensive driver.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, driver training, and air bags.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, anti-theft, good student, defensive driver, driver training, and air bag.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not be offered in Colorado Springs. To find companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado, click here to view.
Seven factors that impact insurance prices
Lots of factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate prices.
Use but don't abuse your insurance - Car insurance companies in Colorado provide discounts to insureds who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Liability insurance limits on your policy - Liability coverage will afford coverage if you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy's liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Premiums can be impacted by your occupation - Jobs like doctors, air traffic controllers, and miners generally pay higher rates than average due to high stress levels and long work days. Conversely, jobs like farmers, historians and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Drive less and save - The more you drive each year the more you'll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. Double check that your vehicle rating shows annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Five Hundred can cost quite a bit.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents lower premiums - Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Married people drive safer - Walking down the aisle may save some money when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Rates go up with performance - The make and model of the car you own makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums are for lower cost passenger cars, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Exclusive or independent insurance agents
A small number of people would rather talk to a local agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurer shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does their agency support local causes in Colorado Springs?
- Where are claims handled?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When choosing a policy, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Colorado auto insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Colorado. The company ratings listed below can help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Don't give up on cheaper rates
While you're price shopping online, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers work with independent insurance agencies. Budget-conscious Ford Five Hundred insurance is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
Much more information about car insurance in Colorado is located at the links below
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)