Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers in Colorado have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Consumers in the U.S. can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to go online and compare rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost Audi A4 insurance in Colorado Springs is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers in Colorado.
- Learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as distracted driving and a low credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Don’t forget to place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
If you have coverage now, you should be able to get lower rates using this strategy. The goal of this article is to tell you how to compare rates easily and how to save the most money. But Colorado vehicle owners must comprehend how companies calculate your auto insurance rates and use it to find better rates.
Affordable Colorado Springs Audi A4 insurance
Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding better pricing. Not every company allows you to get Colorado Springs A4 insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to also get quotes from them, too.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Audi A4 detailed coverage information
The premium information displayed below covers different prices for Audi A4 models. Having a better idea how rates are figured can assist in making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$264||$608||$368||$22||$110||$1,372||$114|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$528||$368||$22||$110||$1,292||$108|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$528||$368||$22||$110||$1,292||$108|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$264||$608||$368||$22||$110||$1,372||$114|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$608||$368||$22||$110||$1,402||$117|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$608||$368||$22||$110||$1,402||$117|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$608||$368||$22||$110||$1,402||$117|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$294||$608||$368||$22||$110||$1,402||$117|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$608||$368||$22||$110||$1,402||$117|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$608||$368||$22||$110||$1,402||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify rates substantially.
Analysis of deductible levels
One of the most common insurance questions is at what level do you set your deductibles. The following tables can help illustrate the costs and benefits when you choose different insurance deductibles. The first rate table uses a $250 deductible for physical damage and the second data table uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$306||$620||$352||$20||$106||$1,429||$119|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$538||$352||$20||$106||$1,347||$112|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$538||$352||$20||$106||$1,347||$112|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$306||$620||$352||$20||$106||$1,429||$119|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$620||$352||$20||$106||$1,465||$122|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$620||$352||$20||$106||$1,465||$122|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$620||$352||$20||$106||$1,465||$122|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$342||$620||$352||$20||$106||$1,465||$122|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$620||$352||$20||$106||$1,465||$122|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$620||$352||$20||$106||$1,465||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$190||$390||$352||$20||$106||$1,058||$88|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$340||$352||$20||$106||$1,008||$84|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$340||$352||$20||$106||$1,008||$84|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$190||$390||$352||$20||$106||$1,058||$88|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$390||$352||$20||$106||$1,078||$90|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$390||$352||$20||$106||$1,078||$90|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$390||$352||$20||$106||$1,078||$90|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$210||$390||$352||$20||$106||$1,078||$90|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$390||$352||$20||$106||$1,078||$90|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$390||$352||$20||$106||$1,078||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact premium rates considerably.
Using the data above, we can ascertain that using a $250 deductible will cost in the ballpark of $31 more each month or $372 for a full year than requesting the higher $1,000 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $750 more out of your own pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally average more than 24 months between claims, you would probably come out ahead if you choose a higher deductible.
Calculate deductible break even point
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$119|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||– $88|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$31|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 – $250):||$750|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$750 / $31|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||24 months|
One important issue to know is that higher deductibles means you pay more out-of-pocket when you have a comprehensive or collision claim. You must have access to more funds in order to pay the deductible to have repairs made.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Audi A4 annual premium costs for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below shows the comparison of Audi A4 insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to phase out physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Audi A4 replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $600 a year for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Colorado Springs, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Audi A4, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Audi for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every policy discount very well, so the below list has some of the best known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next car insurance statement.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below illustrates the difference between Audi A4 auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good driver, safe vehicle, good student, defensive driving training, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, safe driver, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, good student, federal employee, daytime running lights, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, bundle discounts, multi-car, teen safety rewards, and accident prevention training.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts in Colorado, click here.
When it comes to choosing a policy, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
When should I get advice from an insurance agency?
A lot of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still choose a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Colorado Springs.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
The difference between Colorado Springs car insurance agents
When finding a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Colorado Springs are considered either independent or exclusive.
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you check rates from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with smaller companies which can save you money.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Colorado Springs that may be able to give price quote information.
- Insurance Stops
2105 E Bijou St A – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 636-3369 – View Map
- Insurance Network of Co
2525 W Pikes Peak Ave # C – Colorado Springs, CO 80904 – (719) 635-9720 – View Map
- A Better Choice Auto Insurance
1863 N Circle Dr – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 667-1301 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Cally O’Donnell
3993 Academy Blvd N – Colorado Springs, CO 80917 – (719) 596-8800 – View Map
- Kevin Good – State Farm Insurance Agent
11550 Ridgeline Dr #118 – Colorado Springs, CO 80921 – (719) 599-8200 – View Map
- J.R. Rodney State Farm®
1825 Main St #D – Colorado Springs, CO 80911 – (719) 392-7366 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of car insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses such as hospital visits, prosthetic devices and ambulance fees. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/15 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $15,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as legal defense fees, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your A4 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Audi A4.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive car insurance
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from flooding, fire damage and falling objects. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Cheap Audi A4 insurance in Colorado Springs can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
When you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in the articles below:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Car Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)