The most effective way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Colorado. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and get bigger discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies. Start a quote
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The critical component of shopping around is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
It's safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who shop for lower rates are inclined to switch car insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent car insurance study discovered that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved over $865 annually compared to people who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Chevy City Express insurance is your ultimate target, then having some insight into the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you're paying now. Not every company allows you to get Colorado Springs City Express insurance quotes online, so it's important to also get quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Colorado. If you want to find the best auto insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Chevy City Express
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Colorado Springs, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your City Express has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America overpays more than $825 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance data for a Chevy City Express
The coverage information below outlines detailed analysis of insurance prices for Chevy City Express models. Understanding how insurance quotes are formulated can help you make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$240||$412||$362||$22||$108||$1,144||$95|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$240||$502||$362||$22||$108||$1,234||$103|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$276||$502||$362||$22||$108||$1,270||$106|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$276||$502||$362||$22||$108||$1,270||$106|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$276||$502||$362||$22||$108||$1,270||$106|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$276||$502||$362||$22||$108||$1,270||$106|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$276||$502||$362||$22||$108||$1,270||$106|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$276||$502||$362||$22||$108||$1,270||$106|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$276||$502||$362||$22||$108||$1,270||$106|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$276||$592||$362||$22||$108||$1,360||$113|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$276||$592||$362||$22||$108||$1,360||$113|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$276||$592||$362||$22||$108||$1,360||$113|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$276||$592||$362||$22||$108||$1,360||$113|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$310||$592||$362||$22||$108||$1,394||$116|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$310||$592||$362||$22||$108||$1,394||$116|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$310||$592||$362||$22||$108||$1,394||$116|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$310||$592||$362||$22||$108||$1,394||$116|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$310||$592||$362||$22||$108||$1,394||$116|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$310||$592||$362||$22||$108||$1,394||$116|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$310||$592||$362||$22||$108||$1,394||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can alter prices noticeably.
Safe drivers Colorado Springs pay cheaper rates
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can affect Chevy City Express car insurance costs for different age groups. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance rates by age and gender
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevy City Express car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Check for these nine premium slashing discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about in order for you to get them. If you do not double check each discount possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Auto/Life Discount - Some car insurance companies give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Military Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower prices.
- Defensive Driver - Taking a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Driver Education Discount - Require your teen driver to enroll in driver's education if offered at their school.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers pay less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds who allow their car insurance company to look at vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car instead of a used City Express can save you some money because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, you're out of luck.
The illustration below shows the difference between Chevy City Express auto insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few companies that have most of these discounts include:
It's a good idea to ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not be offered in your state. To see a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Insurance agents can help
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.