A recent study showed that most insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,813, drivers can cut their rates by up to $600 a year, but they won't spend time to compare other rate quotes.
The preferred way to find low-cost prices for Lincoln Continental insurance in Colorado Springs is to do an annual price comparison from companies that sell auto insurance in Colorado.
First, it will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price such as traffic citations, accidents, and a substandard credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Start a quote
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using these techniques. The purpose of this article is to tell you how to compare rates easily and some tricks to saving. But Colorado vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how companies determine what you pay because it varies considerably.
The fastest way that we advise to get policy rate comparisons for Lincoln Continental insurance in Colorado Springs is to know the fact most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information like if a SR-22 is needed, your credit rating estimate, whether you are single or married, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. That rating information is instantly submitted to insurance carriers in your area and they return cost estimate within a short period of time.
To check rates for your car now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Colorado Springs.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you're not getting every credit available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- No Accidents - Claim-free drivers can save substantially in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Save with a New Car - Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Air Bag Discount - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount when getting a Colorado Springs car insurance quote.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works. But all discounts will definitely reduce your auto insurance premiums.
Some of the larger companies that have these discounts possibly include:
When getting free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To see a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Local Colorado Springs insurance agents
Some people still prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find better rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Colorado Springs that provide free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You'll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What discounts might you be missing?
If you want an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Colorado Springs are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive agents in Colorado Springs who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Cally O'Donnell
3993 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80917 - (719) 596-8800 - View Map
- John Hall - State Farm Insurance Agent
1614 Academy Blvd N b - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 596-1414 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Mario Aragon Agency Inc.
1135 E Fillmore St - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 570-0707 - View Map
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you contact several independent agencies for the best price selection. Many write coverage with smaller companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Colorado Springs that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Insurance Stops
2105 E Bijou St A - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 636-3369 - View Map
- Solid Rock Insurance Agency
2850 Serendipity Cir W #230 - Colorado Springs, CO 80917 - (719) 574-0082 - View Map
- O'Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 227-7100 - View Map
If you get answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, you may have just found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
Lincoln Continental Insurance Prices Can Be Cheaper
Lots of factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time. Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Car and home together may be cheaper - Lots of insurance companies afford better rates to policyholders who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount applied, it's still a good idea to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Less chance of injury means lower premiums - Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Lincoln Continental scored better than an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
- Marriage brings a discount - Having a significant other may earn you lower rates on your insurance policy. Marriage means you're more mature than a single person and it's statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Liability protection limits are a factor - The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection in the event that you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Premiums are high for teenagers - Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Employer and insurance prices - Jobs like military personnel, police officers, and miners are shown to have the highest rates because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other jobs like professors, athletes and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that can add up when buying insurance. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but if they're wasting money get rid of them and save.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Even though Colorado Springs Continental insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lincoln Continental, more than likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Colorado Springs is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies every year to save money.
Colorado Springs car insurance companies ranked
Ending up with the right company is hard considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Colorado Springs. The company information shown below may help you analyze which companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance - 95%
- USAA - 94%
- AAA Insurance - 91%
- State Farm - 90%
- Nationwide - 90%
- The Hartford - 89%
- GEICO - 89%
- The General - 88%
- 21st Century - 88%
- Liberty Mutual - 88%
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim, policy non-renewal or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Colorado Springs is definitely available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)