It's an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who get price quotes annually will most likely switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey found that drivers who regularly shopped around saved about $850 each year compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance in Colorado Springs is the reason for your visit, knowing how to shop and compare auto insurance can help simplify the process.
The easiest way to get cheaper Volkswagen Eos insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies who sell auto insurance in Colorado Springs. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, get an understanding of policy coverages and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that drive up the price like distracted driving and poor credit can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides more details to help find cheaper rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources. Find a Colorado Springs insurance agent
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Make sure you put the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using this information. This article will help you learn how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. Nevertheless, Colorado consumers should learn how insurance companies sell online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Save money by applying discounts
Some insurance providers don't always advertise every discount available in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Eos insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings as much as 30%.
- Club Memberships - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- E-sign - A few auto insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Theft Deterrent - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Eos insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Claim Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best auto insurance rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
It's important to understand that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way.
The example below shows the difference between Volkswagen Eos auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, accident-free, multiple policy, passive restraint, multiple autos, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide has discounts for multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, good student, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, federal employee, multi-policy, membership and employees, and daytime running lights.
- AAA discounts include anti-theft, pay-in-full, good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
- 21st Century may include discounts for early bird, 55 and older, teen driver, defensive driver, theft prevention, and student driver.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, driver training, anti-theft, defensive driver, bundle, and good student.
If you need the cheapest Volkswagen Eos rate quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Colorado Springs. If you would like to see a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes will enable you to find more affordable insurance. Not every company provides online Colorado Springs Eos insurance quotes, so you also need to get price quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Colorado. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Volkswagen Eos detailed coverage information
The premium information displayed below covers different coverage costs for Volkswagen Eos models. Understanding how insurance premiums are figured can help customers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$244||$500||$426||$26||$128||$1,324||$110|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$244||$500||$426||$26||$128||$1,324||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can influence insurance rates significantly.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Volkswagen Eos insurance costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Local Colorado Springs insurance agencies
Some consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local agents is especially important in Colorado Springs.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own because prices are sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Shown below is a short list of insurers in Colorado Springs that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Volkswagen Eos insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Dave Beadles - State Farm Insurance Agent
308 W Fillmore St #106 - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 632-5433 - View Map
- Brandon Sullivan - State Farm Insurance Agent
5615 Constitution Ave - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 597-5000 - View Map
- Mary Beth Stiltner Insurance Agency
1880 Dublin Blvd # C - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 528-1555 - View Map
- Solid Rock Insurance Agency
2850 Serendipity Cir W #230 - Colorado Springs, CO 80917 - (719) 574-0082 - View Map
Selecting an insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Colorado Springs should know the answers to these questions.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Colorado Springs?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Get the best coverage at the best price
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, high prices, lack of trust in their agent and not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Volkswagen Eos insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from a smaller regional carrier.
A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Cost effective Volkswagen Eos insurance is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Colorado Springs agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional car insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Business Use in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)