If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find more affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance in Colorado Springs is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Colorado.
- Get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases such as your driving record and your credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for instructions to find cheap rates and find additional discounts.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
It's an obvious assumption that insurance companies don't want you shop around. Insureds who shop around for better prices are very likely to switch insurance companies because of the good chance of finding discount prices. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who routinely compared rates saved on average $865 annually compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Pontiac Solstice insurance is why you're here, then learning about the best ways to find and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using these tips. Our goal in writing this article teach you the most effective way to quote insurance and some tips to save money. But Colorado consumers should learn how big insurance companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Car insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Companies that sell car insurance don't necessarily list every policy discount very well, so below is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- E-sign - Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Defensive Driving Course - Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A partial list of companies who might offer these discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your area. To see insurers who offer cheap Pontiac Solstice insurance quotes in Colorado Springs, click here.
Most larger insurance companies make it easy to get insurance quotes direct online. Doing online price comparisons for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Colorado Springs is quite simple as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire on the page. After the form is submitted, the company's rating system sends out for your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote.
Quoting online for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Colorado Springs makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to get lower-cost rates.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended that you enter coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you will have a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Colorado. To get the best cheap car insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Five Tips to Get Cheaper Colorado Springs Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are used when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but some are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that help calculate your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could result in cheaper rates.
The following are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- Accidents inflate costs - Your driving citation history impacts premiums far more than you think. Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Having a single citation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to complete a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Premiums are affected by your credit rating - Credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit history is lower than you'd like, you may save money insuring your Pontiac Solstice if you improve your credit rating.
- More performance means higher prices - The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Lower cost passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Protect yourself with liability insurance - Your insurance policy's liability coverage will afford coverage if ever you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Prices are affected by your address - Having an address in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer people means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Insurance can be complex
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Colorado?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
A lot of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Colorado Springs that can provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your business. You won't even need to leave your house as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Colorado Springs?
- Which family members are covered?
- How long have they been in business?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
If you're trying to find a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. Car insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs that can give you rate quotes.
- Spencer Galloway - State Farm Insurance Agent
3918 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80917 - (719) 632-3700 - View Map
- Kevin Good - State Farm Insurance Agent
11550 Ridgeline Dr #118 - Colorado Springs, CO 80921 - (719) 599-8200 - View Map
- John Youngdahl - State Farm Insurance Agent
600 N Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 475-8787 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get rate quotes.
- CIA-Leavitt Insurance Agency
5585 Erindale Dr #107 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 528-1884 - View Map
- Pikes Peak Insurance Agency
2306 N Powers Blvd #120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 591-4500 - View Map
- Springs Insurance Brokers
1837 Austin Bluffs Pkwy #101 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 268-1300 - View Map
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Colorado Springs, paying for insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Pontiac for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Colorado overpays as much as $850 per year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance savings summarized
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented a lot of information how to save on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Colorado Springs. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Cost effective Pontiac Solstice insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 4x4 Vehicles in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)