It’s well known that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices are likely to switch auto insurance companies because the odds are good of finding lower prices. A recent survey found that drivers who routinely compared rates saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance is the reason you’re here, understanding the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The best way to find discount car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers in Colorado Springs.
- Take a little time to learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Select a company
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Colorado Springs is really quite easy. Basically, anyone who compares rate quotes for insurance will more than likely be able to lower their premiums. But Colorado vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how companies determine prices and use it to your advantage.
Finding Mercury Montego insurance in Colorado Springs, CO
Keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best offered rates. Not every company does Colorado Springs Montego insurance quotes online, so you should also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Colorado. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in CO, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay less as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current Montego insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- E-sign – A few auto insurance companies give back up to $50 get Colorado Springs car insurance online.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Senior Discount – Seniors can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Student – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to view providers who offer free Mercury Montego insurance quotes in Colorado, click this link.
Get Mercury Montego Insurance for Less
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
Drive less and get lower prices – The more you drive every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that have low annual miles qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your Montego may be wasting your money. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Low credit history equals high prices – Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Mercury Montego by improving your credit score.
Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Most insurers will give a discount to insureds that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. Even with this discount, you may still want to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal. You may still find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
Your car’s features help determine rates – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Gender impacts rates – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men have auto accidents in similar percentages, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
Big cities mean more claims – Being located in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when buying car insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate. People who live in big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Spending more time driving statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Don’t cut corners with liability protection – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.