It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who shop for lower prices will, in all likelihood, move their business because there is a high probability of finding a policy with better rates. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who routinely compared quotes saved about $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the most affordable car insurance in Colorado Springs is the reason you’re here, then having some knowledge of the best way to compare insurance coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in Colorado Springs. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, get an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper ILX coverage is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons will enable you to find more affordable rates.
The car insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Colorado. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Colorado, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura ILX insurance, paying for insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Acura, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Acura. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Save a ton on Acura ILX insurance in Colorado Springs with these auto insurance discounts
Companies do not list every possible discount very well, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
- Paper-free Discount – Some larger companies will give a small break get Colorado Springs auto insurance over the internet.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some companies give lower premium rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current ILX insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can get you a discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
Remember that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
If you want affordable Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere. For a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Colorado Springs, click here.
When to talk to an agent
Many drivers would rather buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to companies in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Shown below are agents in Colorado Springs that are able to give comparison quotes for Acura ILX insurance in Colorado Springs.
Jeff Schmidt – State Farm Insurance Agent
1230 Tenderfoot Hill Rd Ste. 200 – Colorado Springs, CO 80906 – (719) 445-0070 – View Map
If you receive acceptable answers to all your questions and a low price estimate, you may have just found an provider that will adequately provide insurance.
Cheap coverage is out there
When getting Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Acura ILX insurance in Colorado Springs. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a small local company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheap Acura ILX insurance in Colorado Springs is definitely available online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional information can be read below:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)