The easiest way to get the cheapest Pontiac Aztek insurance in Colorado Springs is to compare quotes once a year from insurers in Colorado.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and your credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It's easy to assume that car insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who shop around at least once a year will presumably buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey discovered that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved on average $850 each year compared to other drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance is your ultimate goal, learning the best ways to find and compare insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Cheap companies for Pontiac Aztek insurance in Colorado
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Colorado. To find the best cheap auto insurance in Colorado Springs, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
What Impacts Pontiac Aztek Insurance Rates?
Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or your commute time.
Are you male or female? - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
Companies want multiple policies - Most major insurers apply better rates to customers who have multiple policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you already get this discount, it's still a good idea to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Lower premiums with GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop car theft.
Drive lots and pay more - The more you drive every year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your vehicle rating shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. A policy that improperly rates your Aztek may be wasting your money.
Get a ticket, pay higher prices - Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Careful drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Having a single moving violation may cause rates to rise to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers with license-revoking violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
How credit rating affects car insurance prices - Credit history can be an important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Pontiac Aztek by repairing your credit.
Additional coverages that may be costing you - There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that can add up if you aren't careful. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you've never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Slash rates with these discounts on Pontiac Aztek insurance in Colorado Springs
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers pay much less in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying coverage for multiple cars with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Colorado Springs Homeowners Discount - Simply owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Seat Belts Save - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
Auto insurance companies who may offer these benefits are:
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Colorado Springs. To find auto insurance companies who offer online Pontiac Aztek insurance quotes in Colorado, click here.
Local Colorado Springs insurance agencies and insurance
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agents is still important in Colorado Springs.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents that provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you would like to find local Colorado Springs agents, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Colorado Springs can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to compare prices from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in Colorado Springs who may be able to give you price quotes.
- Springs Insurance Brokers
1837 Austin Bluffs Pkwy #101 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 268-1300 - View Map
- O'Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 227-7100 - View Map
- Insurance Network of Co
2525 W Pikes Peak Ave # C - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 635-9720 - View Map
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Listed below are Colorado Springs exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Mark Olsen
1870 Dublin Blvd e - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 593-9916 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Steve Stiltner
4549 Austin Bluffs Pkwy - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 596-8812 - View Map
- Larry Lucero - State Farm Insurance Agent
5225 Academy Blvd N #108 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 599-8661 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Colorado Springs?
- If they are an independent agency in Colorado Springs, which companies do they recommend?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
More effort can pay off
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured cut full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper car insurance in Colorado Springs is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide online quoting and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can shop for Pontiac Aztek insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)