It's an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year are likely to switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding lower prices. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared prices once a year saved on average $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance in Colorado Springs is why you're reading this, then having some knowledge of how to get rate quotes and compare insurance coverage can help you be more efficient.
The preferred way to find low-cost Kia Borrego insurance in Colorado Springs is to compare quotes once a year from providers in Colorado.
- First, get an understanding of auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for additional ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. Be sure to place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every quote request and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Kia Borrego Insurance Premium Factors
Lots of things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but some are more transparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
Youthful driver insurance premiums - Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers are proven to be easily distracted in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Marriage pays dividends - Having a spouse can actually save you money when buying car insurance. Marriage means you're more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Better prices on cars with good safety ratings - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Kia Borrego is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
Prevent theft and save - Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent car theft.
If you don't need it don't buy it - Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that can add up when buying car insurance. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing coverage, and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but a few need to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few companies offer discounts for renewing your policy early. It can save you around 10%.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Colorado Springs auto insurance quote.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Clubs and Organizations - Participating in a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Government Employee Discount - Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
It's important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include annual mileage, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including family plan, good student, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, easy pay, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, federal employee, good student, five-year accident-free, and seat belt use.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not be offered in Colorado Springs. To see a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Colorado Springs, click here to view.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
We've covered many ways to get a better price on Kia Borrego insurance in Colorado Springs. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver and even denial of a claim. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
The cheapest Kia Borrego insurance in Colorado Springs is available on the web and with local Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)