Truthfully, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who can sell car insurance in Colorado. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like accidents, careless driving, and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Cherokee coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Once received, put the new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It's astonishing, but a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Many drivers in Colorado could save an average of $605 each year by just shopping around, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Comparison shopping for affordable insurance policy in Colorado Springs is easy if you know what you're doing. Basically, every driver who is looking for a better price on insurance will probably get a lower-priced policy. But Colorado drivers need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies price online insurance and take advantage of how the system works.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing more prices increases the chance that you will find a lower rate.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Colorado. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Colorado, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that many people don't even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a slight reduction on a Colorado Springs car insurance quote.
- Sign Online - A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for completing your application over the internet.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not really a discount, but some companies like GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Theft Deterrent - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Cherokee insurance in Colorado Springs.
Remember that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, military active duty, five-year accident-free, good student, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, good driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Travelers offers discounts for home ownership, student away at school, payment discounts, IntelliDrive, save driver, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, drive less, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered in Colorado Springs. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Colorado Springs, click this link.
Compare rates but still have a local Colorado Springs insurance agency
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is especially important in Colorado Springs.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to companies in Colorado Springs that provide free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your business. You won't need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you would like to find a local Colorado Springs insurance agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always check rates from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs who may be able to give you free car insurance quotes.
ALINK Insurance Services- Colorado Springs Location
2407 W Colorado Ave - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 473-6262 - View Map
Agents of this type can only provide one company's prices like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quotes.
Picking the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Colorado Springs?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Colorado Springs?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
After you get good feedback to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you've probably found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your car insurance policy. Just remember you are able to terminate coverage at any point so never assume that you are obligated to your new company for a certain time period.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower insurance prices. Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces insurance companies consider when setting prices.
Multi-policy discounts can save money - The majority of insurance companies allow better rates to people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's always a smart idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Theft deterrents lower rates - Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Do you know you're credit history? - Having a good credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have bad credit. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Jeep Cherokee by improving your rating.
More stress means more cost - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as judges, police officers, and accountants tend to have higher premium rates attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, occupations like professors, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
Buy as much liability coverage as you can afford - Your policy's liability coverage is the protection when you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Performance influences insurance costs - The type of vehicle you need to insure makes a big difference in determining your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are for lower cost passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Jeep Cherokee insurance loss probability - Auto insurance companies factor in historical loss data to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that the data determines to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less imply a favorable loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD||76||105||77||87||90||109|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD||78||115||82||75||79||103|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the potentially high cost of Jeep Cherokee insurance, maintaining insurance is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Jeep Cherokee with a loan, almost all lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Jeep at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Jeep Cherokee but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Jeep as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Shop smart and save
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents. Lower-priced Jeep Cherokee insurance in Colorado Springs is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Colorado Springs agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)