Shocking but true, most car insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Colorado Springs consumers could save almost 35% a year, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The easiest way to get the cheapest Hyundai Equus insurance in Colorado Springs is to compare prices annually from insurers who sell insurance in Colorado.
- Read about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices like traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies. View rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to try to use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
We hope to help you learn how to get online quotes. If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the tips covered below. Although Colorado drivers do need to understand the way companies market on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
Companies offering Hyundai Equus insurance in Colorado
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. To buy the cheapest auto insurance in CO, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How do Insurers Determine Hyundai Equus Insurance Premiums?
Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Prices can be impacted by your vocation – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupations such as doctors, architects, and dentists usually pay higher rates than the rest of us because of high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers such as actors, students and retirees get better rates.
- Liability protection claims can be big – Liability insurance kicks in if you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Always keep your auto insurance in force – Not maintaining insurance is illegal and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license.
- Extra coverages can cost a lot – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Theft deterrents save – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most major auto insurance companies apply better rates to clients that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to compare Hyundai Equus rates in Colorado Springs to ensure the best deal.
Hyundai Equus historical loss data – Insurance companies study historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that are shown to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Hyundai Equus vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Hyundai Equus Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Equus 4dr 155 83 225 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Colorado Springs insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- College Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course teaching safe driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have better prices if you take out a life policy as well.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO may have discounts that include driver training, defensive driver, federal employee, emergency military deployment, good student, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, multiple policy, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- Esurance includes discounts for Pac-12 alumni, good driver, renters, multi-policy, online quote, and homeowner.
- The Hartford discounts include good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, bundle, and driver training.
Check with each company or agent the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer online Hyundai Equus insurance quotes in Colorado, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Colorado Springs insurance agency
Many people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Colorado Springs.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Colorado Springs who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from a high-quality insurance company can be difficult considering how many choices you have in Colorado. The information displayed below could help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Persistent drivers can save
You just learned many ways to find affordable Hyundai Equus insurance in Colorado Springs. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Cheap Hyundai Equus insurance in Colorado Springs is possible from both online companies and with local Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)