How many times have you said it’s time to compare cheaper Ford Taurus insurance in Colorado Springs? Paying for pricey Ford Taurus insurance in Colorado Springs can overdraw your accounts and make it tough to pay other bills. Doing a rate comparison is a fast and free way to cut your insurance bill.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will probably buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved about $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest rates on Ford Taurus insurance in Colorado Springs is your ultimate target, then having some insight into the best way to compare insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO promote their brand names with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to separate fact from fiction and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates every six months since insurance prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest price on Ford Taurus insurance in Colorado Springs a year ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the proper way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to get lower rates using these techniques. Locating the best rates in Colorado Springs is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Colorado drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies calculate their prices and apply this information to your search.
Best companies for cheap Ford Taurus insurance in Colorado
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Ford Taurus insurance coverage information
The premium information displayed next outlines detailed analysis of insurance rates for Ford Taurus models. Being aware of how insurance prices are formulated is important for drivers to make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Taurus SEL AWD||$326||$630||$396||$24||$118||$1,494||$125|
|Taurus Limited AWD||$326||$726||$396||$24||$118||$1,590||$133|
|Taurus SHO AWD||$360||$726||$396||$24||$118||$1,624||$135|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific location which can raise or lower premiums considerably.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Ford Taurus yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders influence Ford Taurus yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The example below shows the difference between Ford Taurus car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The information is based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact formula to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford Taurus replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $500 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Get cheaper Ford Taurus insurance in Colorado Springs with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow their company to study driving patterns by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Taurus insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Colorado Springs auto insurance quote in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes online.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Ford Taurus car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data is based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies who might offer some of the discounts shown above include:
When quoting, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. For a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
A small number of people still like to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is still important in Colorado Springs.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies to choose from. Car insurance agents in Colorado Springs can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, we recommend you compare prices from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Colorado Springs that may be able to give pricing information.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs that can give you price quote information.
Jeff Schmidt – State Farm Insurance Agent
1230 Tenderfoot Hill Rd Ste. 200 – Colorado Springs, CO 80906 – (719) 445-0070 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
If you feel you receive acceptable answers and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide car insurance. But remember, policyholders can terminate your policy at any point so don’t assume that you’re stuck with the car insurance policy for the entire policy term.
Which auto insurance company is best in Colorado Springs?
Buying coverage from the top auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Colorado Springs. The ranking data in the next section could help you analyze which car insurance companies to look at buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer and vandalism. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Taurus in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/15 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as bail bonds, loss of income, medical services, emergency aid and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Ford Taurus.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses for X-ray expenses, doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Compare but don’t skimp
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal or even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
The cheapest Ford Taurus insurance in Colorado Springs is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Ford Taurus insurance premium rates in Colorado Springs. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Ford Taurus insurance in Colorado Springs
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Ford Taurus insurance in Colorado Springs is to compare prices regularly from providers who provide car insurance in Colorado.
- First, learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, place your new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of this process is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)