Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who shop around for the cheapest price will probably buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding a cheaper policy. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who compared prices once a year saved about $72 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance is your goal, learning how to get price quotes and compare coverages can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
To save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from different companies who sell insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that increase rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle's registration.
A crucial key to this process is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Get cheaper rates on Ford GT insurance in Colorado Springs with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but you may find discounts that many people don't even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Club Memberships - Being a member of certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
- Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Driver Education Discount - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for reduced rates.
- Good Student Discount - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Payment Method - By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, membership and employees, anti-theft, daytime running lights, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for professional/association, accident-free, good driver, low natural disaster claims, good student, and age of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for distant student, homeowner, early shopping, alternative fuel, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for anti-theft, safe driver, air bags, good student, and multiple vehicles.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new vehicle discount, multi-policy, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, newly married, and multi-car.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, homeowner, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- USAA includes discounts for loyalty savings, multi-policy, annual mileage, military installation, driver training, and safe driver.
Check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Colorado Springs. To locate insurers that offer many of these discounts in Colorado, click here.
The best way to compare rates for Ford GT insurance in Colorado Springs is to know auto insurance companies participate in a system to compare rate quotes. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including your occupation, deductibles desired, the make and model of your vehicles, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. That information is automatically sent to multiple different insurance companies and you get price estimates within a short period of time.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Colorado. To buy cheap car insurance in Colorado Springs, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do I need special coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Colorado?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Some people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower premium rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Colorado Springs that provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local agent, there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Colorado Springs agents are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, you will want to get rate quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are Colorado Springs independent insurance agencies that may be able to give free auto insurance rate quotes.
ALINK Insurance Services- Colorado Springs Location
2407 W Colorado Ave - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 473-6262 - View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are Colorado Springs exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Picking an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. A good agent in Colorado Springs will have answers to these questions.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Where are claims handled?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
After getting good responses to any questions you have and affordable Ford GT insurance rates in Colorado Springs quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can service your policy.
Best car insurance in Colorado
Picking the best company can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Colorado Springs. The ranking information in the lists below could help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Cheap auto insurance premiums are possible
We've covered some good ideas how to compare Ford GT insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When searching for low cost Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Additional auto insurance information can be found at the links below
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)