The most effective way to find cheaper quotes for Ford Edge insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from companies who can sell car insurance in Colorado Springs. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like inattentive driving and poor credit can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Edge insurance in Colorado Springs. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to look at every insurance company. This provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who shop around for better prices will, in all likelihood, move their business because there are good odds of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who compared prices regularly saved about $860 a year compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price for Ford Edge insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then learning about how to find and compare insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
How to shop Ford Edge insurance online
Most companies such as State Farm and Allstate make it easy to get insurance quotes online. Getting online quotes for Ford Edge insurance in Colorado Springs doesn’t take a lot of time as you just enter your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system obtains your driving record and credit report and quotes a price.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s very important to perform this step if you want to get the best rate possible.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This way, you will get rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. To find the best car insurance in CO, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Affordable rates on Ford Edge insurance in Colorado Springs with these car insurance discounts
Companies don’t always advertise every possible discount very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers are able to get a slight reduction on a Colorado Springs auto insurance quote.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Colorado Springs and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Ford Edge annual premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no violations or claims, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for professional/association, good driver, annual mileage, ease of repair, and age of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including business and professional, distant student, good student, multi-car, homeowner, and mature driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, driver training, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good student, anti-theft, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- Allstate includes discounts for eSmart discount, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, auto/life discount, EZ pay plan discount, defensive driver, and premier plus.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, multi-vehicle, good student, anti-theft, and five-year accident-free.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in Colorado Springs. To find insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Colorado Springs, click here.
The price information shown below outlines different coverage costs for Ford Edge models. Being aware of how car insurance premiums are figured is important for making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Edge SE 2WD||$174||$278||$362||$22||$108||$944||$79|
|Edge SE AWD||$174||$340||$362||$22||$108||$1,006||$84|
|Edge SEL 2WD||$174||$340||$362||$22||$108||$1,006||$84|
|Edge Limited 2WD||$174||$340||$362||$22||$108||$1,006||$84|
|Edge SEL AWD||$174||$340||$362||$22||$108||$1,006||$84|
|Edge Limited AWD||$200||$400||$362||$22||$108||$1,092||$91|
|Edge Sport 2WD||$200||$400||$362||$22||$108||$1,092||$91|
|Edge Sport AWD||$200||$400||$362||$22||$108||$1,092||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can influence auto insurance rates noticeably.
Does full coverage make sense?
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford Edge auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Colorado. Data assumes no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive guideline to delete comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Edge replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Get rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Colorado Springs car insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates and still have a local agent. Supporting small agencies is especially important in Colorado Springs.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Colorado Springs who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you need to find a local Colorado Springs insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Colorado Springs are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you should always include price quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
- Jensen Insurance Agency
125 N Parkside Dr #201f – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 635-9557 – View Map
- ALINK Insurance Services- Colorado Springs Location
2407 W Colorado Ave – Colorado Springs, CO 80904 – (719) 473-6262 – View Map
- Solid Rock Insurance Agency
2850 Serendipity Cir W #230 – Colorado Springs, CO 80917 – (719) 574-0082 – View Map
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Many people buy from the same agent for years partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quote information.
- State Farm: Austin Morgan
1806 Dominion Way Suite A – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 630-1800 – View Map
- Aileen Baldwin – State Farm Insurance Agent
540 W Garden of the Gods Rd – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 599-9044 – View Map
- Carlos Gonzalez, Jr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
1710 S Circle Dr – Colorado Springs, CO 80910 – (719) 900-7431 – View Map
Deciding on a auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Colorado Springs will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Colorado Springs?
After getting reasonable responses for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to insure your vehicles. But remember, consumers can cancel your coverage for any reason so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent with no way to switch.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When quoting and choosing coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Find More Affordable Insurance with These Tips
Many factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower rates.
Shown below are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
Youthful drivers pay high prices – Drivers with little experience have been known to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
The data below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Marriage pays dividends – Having a spouse helps lower the price when buying insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Deter car thieves – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop auto theft.
Gender as a rate factor – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high insurance rates.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Edge annual premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Higher prices for policy lapses – Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department.
Raise your deductibles for better premiums – Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your Ford. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, or theft. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Does your occupation raise your premiums? – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts have higher premium rates attributed to intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the other hand, careers such as farmers, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Loss probability for a Ford Edge – Insurance companies analyze the history of losses to help determine prices. Vehicles that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates. The next table shows the loss history for Ford Edge vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Edge 4dr 2WD||53||93|
|Ford Edge 4dr 4WD||71||108||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Colorado Springs, insuring your vehicle is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford Edge, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Colorado is overpaying over $869 every year so shop around at every renewal to save money.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Ford Edge insurance rates online in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Some insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies work with local independent agents. Low-cost Ford Edge insurance in Colorado Springs is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Colorado Springs agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional learning opportunities
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)