The preferred way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from companies in Colorado Springs. This can be done by following these steps.
First, try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and poor credit can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Select a company
Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. When you receive it, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
The most important part of this process is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It's safe to conclude that insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year are very likely to move their business because there is a good probability of finding a cheaper policy. Remarkably, a study showed that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved as much as $860 a year compared to people who never compared other company's rates.
If finding the best price on insurance is your objective, understanding how to shop for insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you have a policy now or just want a better rate, you can learn to reduce the price you pay without having to cut coverage. Getting quotes for more affordable insurance policy in Colorado Springs is not as hard as you think. Drivers just have to understand the quickest way to compare company rates using one simple form.
Most of the larger companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO provide coverage price quotes from their websites. Getting quotes for Dodge Viper insurance in Colorado Springs can be done by anyone because you just enter your coverage preferences on the page. After you submit the form their rating system collects your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on the data you entered.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Dodge Viper insurance in Colorado Springs simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to perform this step if you want to get affordable prices.
To get comparison pricing now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you will have a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. To get the best cheap car insurance in CO, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Viper in Colorado Springs, buying car insurance is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Dodge Viper but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Dodge Viper insurance coverage information
The premium information below showcases a range of insurance premium costs for Dodge Viper models. Having knowledge of how policy premiums are calculated can be useful when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Coupe||$418||$1042||$338||$20||$100||$1,918||$160|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Roadster||$418||$1042||$338||$20||$100||$1,918||$160|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location which can affect coverage rates substantially.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Dodge Viper yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Gender differences in auto insurance premiums
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Viper yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Viper auto insurance rates with and without full coverage. The premiums assume no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn't a written rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Viper replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing in excess of $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts on Dodge Viper insurance in Colorado Springs?
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be specifically requested before they will apply. If they aren't giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car instead of a used Viper can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Distant Student - Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Mature Driver Discount - Older drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Viper insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Full Payment Discount - If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. But all discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Viper insurance prices with and without some available policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, daytime running lights, good student, membership and employees, and driver training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include student away at school, company car, multiple vehicles, multi-policy, safe vehicle, and good student.
- American Family may have discounts that include mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, early bird, TimeAway discount, good student, air bags, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance offers discounts including anti-theft, DriveSense, anti-lock brakes, good student, safety device, and paid-in-full.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, driver's education, student away at school, good student, good driver, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- AAA has discounts for good driver, good student, pay-in-full, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. For a list of insurers with discount rates in Colorado Springs, click here to view.
Compare prices but work with a local Colorado Springs insurance agency
A lot of people still prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower premium rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Colorado Springs that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Colorado Springs should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
What types of auto insurance agents are in Colorado Springs?
If you would like to find local Colorado Springs agents, there are a couple of types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance policy providers are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference between them because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance - Mark Olsen
1870 Dublin Blvd e - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 593-9916 - View Map
- Tom Calvin - State Farm Insurance Agent
1311 E Fillmore St - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 473-3600 - View Map
- Brandon Kolk - State Farm Insurance Agent
12229 Voyager Pkwy Ste 100 - Colorado Springs, CO 80921 - (719) 599-3600 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you check rates from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies which can save you money.
The following are independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Benson Insurance Group, LLC
5155 N Academy, #110 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 622-3079 - View Map
- A Better Choice Auto Insurance
1863 N Circle Dr - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 667-1301 - View Map
- Jensen Insurance Agency
125 N Parkside Dr #201f - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 635-9557 - View Map
One last thing to lower rates
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including poor customer service, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cost effective Dodge Viper insurance can be purchased online in addition to many Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers work with local independent agencies.
More detailed car insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)