Want to learn how to save money and find more affordable Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Colorado Springs? Comparing Colorado Springs car insurance quotes online can seem complicated since most people haven't used online price comparisons. Don't worry though because finding more affordable rates for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Colorado Springs is easier than you think.
Steps to finding cheaper Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Colorado Springs
The easiest way to save money on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Colorado Springs is to do a yearly price comparison from companies who can sell car insurance in Colorado. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good tip to remember is that you'll want to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
A recent survey discovered that over 70% of Colorado drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. U.S. drivers can cut their rates by approximately 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't believe how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
It's a good habit to compare rates occasionally since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Colorado Springs a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate quote today. There are lots of tips to save on Ram 2500 insurance online but you can learn some good information on how to quit paying high car insurance rates in Colorado Springs.
These techniques will instruct you on the best methods to compare rates and some money-saving tips. If you have car insurance now, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas covered in this article. But Colorado drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies compete online.
The are a couple different ways to compare quotes from lots of Colorado insurance companies. The best way to find competitive Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. When quoting insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so you also need to get rates from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ram 2500, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Colorado is overpaying more than $865 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Rates and data analysis
The table shown next outlines estimates of policy rates for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Learning as much as possible about how car insurance premiums are formulated is important for making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$214||$448||$448||$26||$134||$1,270||$106|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$214||$516||$448||$26||$134||$1,338||$112|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$214||$516||$448||$26||$134||$1,338||$112|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$214||$516||$448||$26||$134||$1,338||$112|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$214||$516||$448||$26||$134||$1,338||$112|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$214||$516||$448||$26||$134||$1,338||$112|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$238||$448||$448||$26||$134||$1,294||$108|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$238||$516||$448||$26||$134||$1,362||$114|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$238||$516||$448||$26||$134||$1,362||$114|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$238||$448||$448||$26||$134||$1,294||$108|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$238||$448||$448||$26||$134||$1,294||$108|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$238||$584||$448||$26||$134||$1,430||$119|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$238||$584||$448||$26||$134||$1,430||$119|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$238||$448||$448||$26||$134||$1,294||$108|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$238||$448||$448||$26||$134||$1,294||$108|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$238||$448||$448||$26||$134||$1,294||$108|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$264||$516||$448||$26||$134||$1,388||$116|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$264||$516||$448||$26||$134||$1,388||$116|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$264||$516||$448||$26||$134||$1,388||$116|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$264||$516||$448||$26||$134||$1,388||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can revise coverage rates significantly.
Yearly insurance costs for men versus women
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums assume no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no written rule for phasing out full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Ram 2500 claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Resident Student - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Colorado Springs and won't have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Active Military Service - Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Telematics Data - Colorado Springs drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to monitor vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Colorado Springs car insurance quotes online.
- Safe Drivers - Safe drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking part in a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Don't be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 auto insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, safe vehicle, student away at school, defensive driving training, driver's education, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-car, multi-policy, teen driver discount, and newly married.
- American Family may offer discounts for mySafetyValet, early bird, accident-free, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, good driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, pay in full, homeowner, bundle discounts, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for company car, anti-theft, paid in full, mature driver, anti-lock brakes, and paperless.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safety rewards, drive less, multi-car, anti-theft, and bundle discounts.
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Colorado Springs. To locate insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
Buying from insurance agencies
A lot of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Colorado Springs.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Colorado Springs who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you want a local Colorado Springs insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Colorado Springs may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, it's a good idea to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- Insurance Stops
2105 E Bijou St A - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 636-3369 - View Map
- O'Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 227-7100 - View Map
- Pikes Peak Insurance Agency
2306 N Powers Blvd #120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 591-4500 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Austin Morgan
1806 Dominion Way Suite A - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 630-1800 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Mark Olsen
1870 Dublin Blvd e - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 593-9916 - View Map
- Brandon Sullivan - State Farm Insurance Agent
5615 Constitution Ave - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 597-5000 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Colorado Springs?
If you receive good responses to any questions you have and a low price estimate, you've probably found an insurance agency that will adequately provide insurance.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Be persistent to save money
Discount Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Colorado Springs can be found on the web and from local agencies, so get free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don't offer internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
When searching for affordable Dodge Ram 2500 insurance quotes, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured cut physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
How to find affordable quotes for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Colorado Springs
The most effective way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Colorado. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that cause high rates such as traffic violations and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Ram 2500 insurance in Colorado Springs. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)