Trying to find low-cost Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Colorado Springs? Scraping up a payment for high-priced Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Colorado Springs can eat up your accounts and maybe even restrict other spending. Comparison shopping is recommended to make sure you're not throwing money away.
It's an obvious statement that insurance companies don't want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices are very likely to switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared rates annually saved on average $860 a year compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Colorado Springs is your goal, understanding the best way to compare coverages can save money and time.
Lots of insurers contend for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite lowest cost out there.
You need to shop coverage around before your policy renews since insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the lowest quotes on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Colorado Springs at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. There are a lot of ways to save on Grand Caravan insurance online, but in this article, you're going to get some excellent ideas to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs.
Dodge Grand Caravan insurance statistics and information
The table below outlines estimates of insurance costs for Dodge Grand Caravan models. Understanding more about how prices are established can be valuable when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$260||$424||$456||$28||$136||$1,304||$109|
|Grand Caravan SE||$260||$424||$456||$28||$136||$1,304||$109|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$260||$516||$456||$28||$136||$1,396||$116|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$294||$516||$456||$28||$136||$1,430||$119|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$294||$516||$456||$28||$136||$1,430||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence insurance rates substantially.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Dodge Grand Caravan insurance prices for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Gender-based car insurance premiums in Colorado Springs
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Grand Caravan auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Don't overlook these ten Dodge Grand Caravan insurance discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Professional Memberships - Being in a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your bill.
- Multiple Cars - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Seniors can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Smart Student Discounts - Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Colorado Springs auto insurance quote. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds that choose to allow their company to spy on driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Claim Free - Drivers who don't have accidents have much lower rates as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Buy New and Save - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Employee of Federal Government - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few insurance companies.
- College Student Discount - Children who are attending college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your policy premium.
The information below illustrates the difference between Dodge Grand Caravan car insurance rates with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good driver, good student, claim-free, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including multi-car, good student, accident-free, good driver, low natural disaster claims, and ease of repair.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, good student, multi-policy, family plan, easy pay, anti-theft, and business or organization.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, seat belt use, membership and employees, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- AAA has savings for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, anti-theft, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Colorado Springs. For a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Colorado, follow this link.
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as EMT expenses, prosthetic devices, surgery, ambulance fees and funeral costs. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection when the "other guys" either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Grand Caravan.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/15), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as rock chips in glass, fire damage, damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and a broken windshield. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Grand Caravan to save money on collision insurance.
Liability car insurance
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/15 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as loss of income, emergency aid and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Colorado state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Quote more and you will save more
More affordable insurance in Colorado Springs can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don't offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can compare Dodge Grand Caravan insurance premium rates in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Steps to finding cheaper Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Colorado Springs
The best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to compare prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Colorado.
- Take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher prices such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Much more information about insurance in Colorado can be read at these links:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)