Dodge Durango insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Do you want to save money by buying more competitive Dodge Durango insurance in Colorado Springs? No one likes paying for car insurance, especially when the prices are way too high.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most Colorado car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in America could pocket approximately $859 a year, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Since you have so many insurance providers from which to choose, it's nearly impossible to pick the lowest price car insurance provider.
It's a great practice to compare premium rates at least once a year due to the fact that insurance prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Dodge Durango insurance in Colorado Springs a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're about to find out the fastest way to find great coverage at a great price.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Colorado Springs is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you have coverage now, you will be able to save money using the techniques covered below. But Colorado drivers do need to learn the way companies price online insurance.
Car insurance providers offering affordable rate quotes in Colorado
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. To buy the best auto insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Dodge Durango insurance in Colorado Springs with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Successfully completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Multi-line Discount - Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Multiple Cars - Having multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Paper-free Discount - Some car insurance companies will give a small break for completing your application on the internet.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include business and professional, early shopping, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, and teen driver.
- Esurance offers discounts including homeowner, emergency road assistance, renters, Pac-12 alumni, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, multiple autos, good student, Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, and anti-theft.
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, anti-theft, federal employee, and military active duty.
- Allstate includes discounts for new car, senior citizen, defensive driver, farm vehicle, multi-policy, and teenSMART discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be offered on policies in Colorado Springs. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer online Dodge Durango insurance quotes in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
Which is the best auto insurance?
When choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Should I rate my Dodge Durango as pleasure use or commute?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Insurance agencies can find coverage gaps
Some consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and also buy local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Colorado Springs that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer should include more criteria than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Colorado Springs?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Which family members are covered?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Types of car insurance agents
When researching a local Colorado Springs insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance policy providers are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to do anything.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will want to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs willing to provide comparison quotes.
Specific coverage details
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other's property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/15 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects and repair bills for other people's vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your Durango caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It's also possible to raise the deductible on your Durango to get cheaper collision coverage.
This provides protection when the "other guys" are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Dodge Durango.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, fire damage, damage from getting keyed and damage from flooding. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills such as hospital visits, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses and nursing services. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions and unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
Affordable Dodge Durango insurance in Colorado Springs can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Dodge Durango insurance in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Dodge Durango insurance in Colorado Springs
The preferred way to find discount Dodge Durango insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers in Colorado Springs. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, try to comprehend car insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. Don't forget to safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
A valuable tip to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze every insurance company. This guarantees a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)