Would you like an easy way to compare lower-priced car insurance rates in Colorado Springs, CO? Colorado Springs consumers have many options when looking for affordable Tesla Model X insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to shop for car insurance so you're going to learn the best way to quote coverages on a Tesla and obtain the lowest price from Colorado Springs insurance agents and online providers.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
These discounts can cut Tesla Model X insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked for in order for you to get them. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Multiple Vehicles - Having all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations - Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next car insurance statement.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Federal Government Employee - Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with some car insurance companies.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a home in Colorado Springs may trigger a policy discount on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Accident Waiver - This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up as long as you don't have any claims before the accident.
- Onboard Data Collection - People who choose to allow driving data collection to monitor driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for 55 and older, automatic seat belts, driver training, good student, early bird, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, driver's education, anti-theft, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- AAA may offer discounts for good student, multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for hybrid vehicle, multi-car, good student, newly married, exclusive group savings, new move discount, and newly retired.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
Check with every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not apply everywhere. To locate insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Colorado Springs, click here.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Tesla Model X in Colorado Springs, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Model X has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Tesla at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, car insurance protects your Tesla Model X and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Model X are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $700 annually so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. You are unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Tesla Model X is totaled?
- What is glass protection for?
- Who is covered when they drive my Tesla Model X?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Will my Tesla Model X be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Tesla Model X?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
When to talk to an insurance agency
Many drivers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, you can always visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local Colorado Springs insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both provide insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Jeff Libby
7610 N Union Blvd #115 - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 593-9200 - View Map
- Dave Beadles - State Farm Insurance Agent
308 W Fillmore St #106 - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 632-5433 - View Map
- Ross Silva Agency - American Family Insurance
2746 E Bijou St - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 597-2800 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing insurance prices, you will want to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Colorado Springs that are able to give rate quotes.
- A Better Choice Auto Insurance
1863 N Circle Dr - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 667-1301 - View Map
- Insurance Stops
2105 E Bijou St A - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 636-3369 - View Map
- ALINK Insurance Services- Colorado Springs Location
2407 W Colorado Ave - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 473-6262 - View Map