The preferred way to get discount Tesla Model 3 insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in Colorado Springs.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like inattentive driving and poor credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover the details to prevent high rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Model 3 insurance. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Unfortunately, a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,800, drivers could save almost $610 each year just by shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to do a rate comparison.
Best companies for low-cost Tesla Model 3 insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Colorado. To get cheaper auto insurance in Colorado, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable Colorado Springs insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before being credited.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get lower premium rates.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles could earn cheaper premium rates.
- Professional Organizations – Being in certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on insurance.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your rates slightly.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will lower the cost of your policy.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for youthful driver, early shopping, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including 55 and retired, renewal discount, driver training, multi-policy, safe driver, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, multiple policy, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, emergency military deployment, air bags, defensive driver, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, multi-car, drive less, homeowner, and teen safety rewards.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include safety features, multi-car, good student, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, and newly married.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not apply in your area. To locate insurers who offer cheap Tesla Model 3 insurance quotes in Colorado Springs, click this link.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your car insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is pet coverage available?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
When to talk to an insurance agency
Some people would rather sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Colorado Springs who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing a insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Colorado Springs?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Which family members are covered?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local Colorado Springs insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Insurance agencies in Colorado Springs can be described as either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out the differences because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. They are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that can give you comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Dan Lewis
1867 S Academy Blvd – Colorado Springs, CO 80916 – (719) 434-3944 – View Map
- Bob Scofield – State Farm Insurance Agent
1923 W Colorado Ave – Colorado Springs, CO 80904 – (719) 578-1111 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Ed Reed
202 E Cheyenne Mountain Blvd k – Colorado Springs, CO 80906 – (719) 540-8400 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, it’s a good idea to compare prices from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with smaller companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Colorado Springs that can give you comparison quotes.
- A Better Choice Auto Insurance
1863 N Circle Dr – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 667-1301 – View Map
- O’Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St – Colorado Springs, CO 80903 – (719) 227-7100 – View Map
- WIN Insurance Agency
3485 Academy Blvd N Ste 101 – Colorado Springs, CO 80917 – (719) 599-9494 – View Map
After getting satisfactory answers to these questions as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that is professional and can properly service your car insurance policy. Just keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel coverage any time you want so don’t feel that you’re stuck with your new company indefinitely.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
When you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
The cheapest Tesla Model 3 insurance in Colorado Springs can be found on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)