The preferred way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to start comparing rates regularly from providers in Colorado.
- It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like getting speeding tickets and a low credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more information to find cheap prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper VUE coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It's astonishing, but most car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and just under half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Colorado Springs can save approximately 35% each year just by comparing rates, but they just don't understand how much money they would save if they switch to a new company.
Informed Drivers Can Lower Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates. Lots of things are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
The items below are a few of the things auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Having a spouse can save on auto insurance - Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates compared to being single. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Premiums drop with age - Young drivers in Colorado are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.
The chart below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure - The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Lower cost passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The chart below is based on a single male driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Saturn VUE insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
- Lower miles equals lower premium - The higher the mileage driven each year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Autos that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It's a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven. An improperly rated VUE is just wasting money.
- Lower stress equals lower rates - Occupational choices like fire fighters, business owners, and accountants have the highest average rates attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, engineers and retirees receive lower rates.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you - A driver's credit score factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit history can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Saturn VUE by improving your rating. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with bad credit.
- Add-on coverages can add up - There are a ton of extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying auto insurance. Coverages for roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. They may seem good initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
Coverage statistics and figures
The information displayed below outlines different insurance rates for Saturn VUE models. Having insight into how car insurance premiums are figured can benefit drivers when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Vue XE 2WD||$214||$298||$358||$22||$108||$1,000||$83|
|Vue XR 2WD||$214||$362||$358||$22||$108||$1,064||$89|
|Vue XR-L 2WD||$242||$362||$358||$22||$108||$1,092||$91|
|Vue XR AWD||$242||$362||$358||$22||$108||$1,092||$91|
|Vue XR-L AWD||$242||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,156||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can modify coverage rates greatly.
Safe drivers Colorado Springs pay cheaper rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims influence Saturn VUE insurance rates for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance cost for men versus women in Colorado Springs
The information below compares Saturn VUE yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below compares Saturn VUE auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no definitive rule to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Saturn VUE replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing you more than $400 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Discount Colorado Springs car insurance quotes
Car insurance is expensive, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles on your Saturn could qualify for cheaper car insurance rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Early Switch Discount - A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current VUE insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky. Any amount of discount will definitely lower the amount you have to pay.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Saturn VUE annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data is based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer free Saturn VUE insurance quotes in Colorado, click this link.
Persistence pays off
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions and extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
When you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Colorado Springs can be bought online in addition to many Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don't offer online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 4x4 Vehicles in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Business Use in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)