Comparing Colorado Springs car insurance quotes online can be a challenge if you are one of the many people new to quoting online. But don’t just give up because finding more affordable prices for Mercury Sable insurance in Colorado Springs is easier than you think.
How to save money on Mercury Sable insurance in Colorado Springs
The easiest way to find affordable Mercury Sable insurance in Colorado Springs is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Colorado. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
First, try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like multiple speeding tickets and a substandard credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover ideas to help find cheaper rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One important bit of advice is to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who compare rates annually will probably switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with better rates. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who regularly compared rates saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance in Colorado Springs is why you’re reading this, then understanding how to quote prices and compare insurance coverage can make shopping around easier.
When price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best offered rates. Not every company does Colorado Springs Sable insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s necessary to compare prices from them as well.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Colorado. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Colorado, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insuring your Sable just makes sense
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Colorado Springs, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Sable, most banks will require that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Mercury at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Mercury Sable. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the factors that help determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
City traffic equals higher premiums – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when it comes to car insurance. Less people means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
Rates and vocation – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like lawyers, social workers, and emergency personnel tend to have the highest rates because of job stress and long work hours. Conversely, careers such as scientists, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates.
Small coverages can add up – Policies have extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Insurance for rental car coverage, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
Use credit responsibly and save – An insured’s credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Mercury Sable by improving your credit score. People with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower credit scores.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce premiums – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
Claim-free discounts can add up – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Colorado generally give better rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Score discounts to get cheaper Colorado Springs insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but some must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Colorado Springs Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Sable insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger companies have a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Colorado Springs car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Colorado Springs car insurance with a few insurance companies.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
Companies and their offered discounts include:
- Travelers includes discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, multi-policy, student away at school, new car, continuous insurance, and save driver.
- 21st Century has savings for automatic seat belts, 55 and older, student driver, air bags, and teen driver.
- State Farm discounts include good student, safe vehicle, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts for air bags, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, homeowner, anti-theft, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-car, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, and AAA membership discount.
If you need inexpensive Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Colorado Springs. To see providers that offer discounts in Colorado, click here.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- If my Mercury Sable is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Local Colorado Springs car insurance agents
Some people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local agents is important especially in Colorado Springs.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
If you want a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Colorado Springs can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that may be able to provide free price quotes.
- Mary Beth Stiltner Insurance Agency
1880 Dublin Blvd # C – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 528-1555 – View Map
- CIA-Leavitt Insurance Agency
5585 Erindale Dr #107 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 528-1884 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Jeffrey Lloyd Sudermann Agency
6455 N Union Blvd #104 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (303) 974-7676 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. These agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years partially due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following are Colorado Springs exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Mark Olsen
1870 Dublin Blvd e – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 593-9916 – View Map
- Austin Morgan – State Farm Insurance Agent
2606 Palmer Park Blvd – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 630-1800 – View Map
- State Farm: Jeff Libby
7610 N Union Blvd #115 – Colorado Springs, CO 80920 – (719) 593-9200 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- If they are an independent agency in Colorado Springs, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheaper auto insurance in Colorado Springs can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood Colorado Springs agents, so get free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal and delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
How to find cheaper Mercury Sable insurance in Colorado Springs
The preferred way to get affordable Mercury Sable insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like high-risk driving behaviors and a poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Sable coverage is available in Colorado Springs. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. Make sure you keep the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)