If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from companies who provide auto insurance in Colorado Springs. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and an imperfect credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for tips to prevent high rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
It's an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who shop around once a year are likely to switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A survey found that drivers who compared rates regularly saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on Honda S2000 insurance is the reason you're reading this, then understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you're already insured or want to find a cheaper company, use these money-saving tips to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Colorado Springs is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Vehicle owners just need to know the quickest way to compare prices on the web.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. To find the cheapest car insurance in CO, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Take policy discounts and save on Honda S2000 insurance in Colorado Springs
Auto insurance companies do not list all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Driver Education Discount - Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Colorado Springs auto insurance quote.
- Distant Student - Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Honda S2000 insurance rates in Colorado Springs.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
Don't be shocked that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, that's just not realistic. But any discount will positively reduce your premiums.
To see insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Colorado Springs, click this link.
Insurance quotes from local neighborhood Colorado Springs car insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Colorado Springs who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won't even need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is there a local claims center in Colorado Springs?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How are claims handled?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
When narrowing the list to find a local Colorado Springs insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they work. Insurance policy providers may be either independent or exclusive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them since it can affect buying decisions.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business through many companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to compare prices from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are independent agents in Colorado Springs willing to provide price quotes.
Don't assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Honda S2000?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Colorado Springs Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower insurance prices.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts - Many insurance companies afford a discount to clients who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Being married can save on insurance - Having a spouse may cut your premiums on your insurance bill. It translates into being more mature and responsible and it's proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Drive less and pay lower prices - The more miles you rack up on your Honda annually the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your S2000 may be costing you. Ask your agent if your insurance declarations sheet reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? - There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you've never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda S2000 in Colorado Springs, car insurance is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your S2000 has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
You just learned many ways to reduce Honda S2000 insurance prices online in Colorado Springs. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices come from some of the lesser-known companies.
As you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, high prices, poor customer service and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is actually quite simple.
Additional information is available below:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)