Want more competitive Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Colorado Springs? There isn't anyone who loves paying for car insurance, particularly when they could find better rates elsewhere.
It's a known fact that insurance companies don't want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices will presumably buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey revealed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved on average $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance in Colorado Springs is why you're here, then having some knowledge of how to get price quotes and compare insurance rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Steps to buying affordable Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Colorado Springs
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find discount Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Colorado Springs is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Colorado. You can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to understand how companies set rates and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources. Find a Colorado Springs insurance agent
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Colorado Springs. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important note is to try to compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Vehicle owners have so many insurers to buy insurance from, and although it's a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
You should make it a habit to do price comparisons before your policy renews because car insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the lowest rates on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Colorado Springs two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There are lots of tips to save on Shelby GT350 insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn a lot of great tips on how to find cheap car insurance in Colorado Springs.
Shopping around for the lowest-priced policy in Colorado Springs is not as hard as you may think. Essentially every car owner who quotes auto insurance will more than likely get a lower-priced policy. But Colorado car owners do need to learn how big insurance companies determine premium rates because rates fluctuate considerably.
To find the cheapest Ford Shelby GT350 rate quotes, there are several ways to compare prices from all the different companies. By far the easiest way to comparison shop is to jump online and get quotes.
Getting free quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it obsolete to waste gas driving to and from local insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Ford Shelby GT350 insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you require the professional guidance of a local agent. Drivers can compare online quotes but have your policy serviced through an agent. Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates will improve the odds of getting lower pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so you need to compare price estimates from them, too.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in CO, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Ford Shelby GT350
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Colorado is wasting up to $830 a year so it's important to compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Smart Consumers Can Lower Their Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your rates.
Bundling policies can get discounts - Most auto insurance companies provide lower prices to policyholders that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Always keep your auto insurance policy in force - Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Teen drivers pay high prices - Older insureds are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Big city or small town - Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Drive a fast car, truck or SUV and pay more - The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on low performance passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
Cheaper Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Colorado Springs
Companies offering auto insurance don't necessarily list every available discount very well, so below is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Drivers Education - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Data Collection Discounts - Colorado Springs drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Cautious Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- No Claims - Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
For a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado, click here to view.
It's not one size fits all
When it comes to a policy, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is a little different and your car insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Ford Shelby GT350 to commute?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Colorado Springs?
If you're not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Comparing rates from local Colorado Springs insurance agencies
Some people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Colorado Springs.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that provide free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Insurance agent types
If you would like to find a good Colorado Springs insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Colorado Springs agents can either be exclusive or independent.
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you should always get quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Colorado Springs that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
ALINK Insurance Services- Colorado Springs Location
2407 W Colorado Ave - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 473-6262 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get rate quotes.
Jeff Schmidt - State Farm Insurance Agent
1230 Tenderfoot Hill Rd Ste. 200 - Colorado Springs, CO 80906 - (719) 445-0070 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Colorado Springs?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Colorado Springs?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Cheap insurance prices are available
Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller providers work with local independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in Colorado Springs can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Colorado Springs agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
When you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
How to buy low-cost Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Colorado Springs
The best way we recommend to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who provide car insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic citations and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Select a company
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Colorado Springs. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)