We don't have to tell you that auto insurance companies don't want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who shop around for better prices will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who make a habit of shopping around saved over $860 a year compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly Ford Freestyle insurance in Colorado Springs is your ultimate objective, then having some knowledge of how to quote prices and compare car insurance can save time and make the process easier.
The recommended way to get more affordable Ford Freestyle insurance in Colorado Springs is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in Colorado.
- Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for ideas to get low prices and earn a bigger discount.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Freestyle coverage is available in Colorado Springs. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, put the new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle's registration.
One bit of advice is to try to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This ensures a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Cutting your Colorado Springs insurance rates can be relatively painless. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes to see which company has affordable Ford Freestyle insurance quotes.
It's so easy to compare price quotes online that it takes the place of having to call or drive to different Colorado Springs agent offices. Quoting Ford Freestyle insurance online eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although you can price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. To get the best cheap car insurance in Colorado Springs, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Ford Freestyle insurance in Colorado Springs with discounts
Some insurance providers don't list all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Ford could earn slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Payment Method - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current Freestyle insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online.
- Student Discounts - Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Multi-car Discount - Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Senior Citizens - If you're over the age of 55, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way. But all discounts will lower the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies that have these benefits are:
Check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply everywhere. To view companies who offer free Ford Freestyle insurance quotes in Colorado, follow this link.
Ford Freestyle Insurance Cost Factors
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other criteria are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- Vehicle risk impacts rates - The performance of the vehicle you need to insure makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for economy passenger models, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Lower stress equals lower rates - Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers like military personnel, executives, and medical professionals generally pay higher premium rates due to intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations like scientists, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- Your liability limits - The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Safety ratings are a factor - Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you. If the Ford Freestyle is rated at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Do you know your coverage deductibles? - The deductibles you choose tell how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims would be colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and damage from wind. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be.
- Deter vehicle theft - Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your business. You don't have to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
When finding a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Colorado Springs can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, you will want to include a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get free price quotes.
ALINK Insurance Services- Colorado Springs Location
2407 W Colorado Ave - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 473-6262 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs that can give you rate quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Colorado Springs?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Colorado Springs?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
A conclusion for your insurance search
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced full coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More affordable insurance in Colorado Springs can be purchased both online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)