Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. People who shop for lower prices are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey found that drivers who regularly shopped around saved as much as $865 annually compared to policyholders who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in Colorado Springs is why you're here, learning the best way to compare insurance rates can save time and make the process easier.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Colorado Springs is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Colorado. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One tip to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Our goal in writing this article teach you a little about how insurance works and also pocket some savings If you have a policy now, you will be able to lower your rates using the techniques covered below. Comparison shoppers just have to use the quickest method to shop their coverage around from many different companies.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Colorado. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in CO, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Lower-cost Colorado Springs insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some need to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying a policy with multiple cars on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Multi-line Discount - Larger insurance carriers have a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Student in College - Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Colorado Springs and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Safe Drivers - Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Colorado Springs car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Student Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
It's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for new car, payment discounts, early quote, good student, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-policy, and IntelliDrive.
- 21st Century has discounts for driver training, air bags, good student, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, early bird, and teen driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, good student, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, anti-theft, good student, daytime running lights, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO offers discounts for drive less, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, good student, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
Double check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not be offered in Colorado Springs. To find insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chrysler Pacifica with a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Chrysler at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves your Chrysler Pacifica and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Colorado Springs is wasting up to $820 a year so compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Buying car insurance from Colorado Springs insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is still important in Colorado Springs.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, you can always visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?