Chevy Suburban insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Unimaginable but true, a large majority of drivers in Colorado kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. American drivers can save up to $850 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't believe the large savings they would see if they switched to a more affordable policy.
To save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a substandard credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you'll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Don't neglect these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but less common discounts must be inquired about in order for you to get them. If they aren't giving you every credit you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Having multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Active Military Service - Being on active deployment in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Anti-theft System - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it's just not the way it works.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Suburban car insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts are:
When getting free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Colorado Springs. For a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Compare quotes for Colorado Springs Chevy Suburban insurance
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
The rate information shown below covers estimates of policy rates for Chevy Suburban models. Being able to understand how auto insurance prices are calculated is important for drivers to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Suburban LS 2WD||$172||$264||$362||$22||$108||$928||$77|
|Suburban LT 2WD||$172||$264||$362||$22||$108||$928||$77|
|Suburban LS 4WD||$172||$264||$362||$22||$108||$928||$77|
|Suburban LT 4WD||$172||$264||$362||$22||$108||$928||$77|
|Suburban LTZ 2WD||$172||$312||$362||$22||$108||$976||$81|
|Suburban LTZ 4WD||$192||$312||$362||$22||$108||$996||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can influence rates greatly.
Impact of speeding/accidents on insurance rates
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can raise Chevy Suburban car insurance rates for different age groups. The prices are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Smart Consumers Can Save Money
Lots of things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- Higher rates for demanding jobs - Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like lawyers, business owners, and medical professionals usually pay the highest average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, jobs like actors, historians and retirees pay lower than average rates.
Age of drivers - Inexperience drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Stay claim-free and lower premiums - Auto insurance companies in Colorado give discounts to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Keep the miles off and save - The higher the miles on your Chevy each year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Suburban may be costing you higher rates.
- Policy add-ons may not be needed - Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that may not really be needed on your Suburban policy. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you don't need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Suburban - Insurers use statistical claims data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage. The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Suburban vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Chevrolet Suburban Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4dr 2WD 90 92 90 67 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4dr 4WD 109 113 124 72 70BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Independent or exclusive car insurance agents
Some people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs that provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Colorado Springs, get answers to these questions.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Listed below is a list of car insurance companies in Colorado Springs willing to provide price quotes for Chevy Suburban insurance in Colorado Springs.
After getting positive feedback to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, you've probably found an provider that meets the criteria to service your policy.
Why you need car insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Colorado Springs, buying car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Suburban has a lienholder, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to find a good Colorado auto insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with the top car insurance provider is hard considering how many companies are available to choose from in Colorado Springs. The company information in the lists below can help you select which coverage providers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Persistence pays off
When getting Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes online, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned a lot of ways to find affordable Chevy Suburban insurance in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)