If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost Volkswagen Atlas insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Colorado Springs. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and a poor credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for more information to get better rates and get additional discounts.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It's a known fact that car insurance companies don't want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who perform rate comparisons are highly likely to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rates annually saved approximately $850 each year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving money on car insurance in Colorado Springs is your target objective, then learning about the best way to compare auto insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
Lower Your Colorado Springs Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that help calculate your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower rates. Lots of things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are less obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
- Deter vehicle theft - Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop auto theft.
- More miles equals more premium - The higher the miles on your Volkswagen in a year the more you'll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Having the wrong rating on your Atlas is throwing money out the window. Make sure your declarations sheet reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Men drivers tend to cost more - Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don't assume that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men are responsible for auto accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young males have the highest risk to insure and are penalized with high insurance rates.
- Type of vehicle determines base prices - The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The most favorable rates will generally be found on low performance passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- With age comes responsibility - Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Young drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Affordable Colorado Springs Volkswagen Atlas insurance rate quotes
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Protect more than your Volkswagen Atlas
Even though Colorado Springs Atlas insurance rates can get expensive, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Volkswagen but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $869 every year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Discount Colorado Springs auto insurance rates
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Driver Safety - Taking a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Online Discount - A few larger companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on the internet.
- Student Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course if it's offered in school.
- Military Rewards - Being on active duty in the military could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Atlas insurance in Colorado Springs.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of these discounts include:
Check with every company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Colorado Springs.
Local Colorado Springs insurance agents and insurance
Some people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is still important in Colorado Springs.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is emailed to participating agents in Colorado Springs who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Best auto insurance agent in Colorado Springs
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it's a good idea to include a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent agencies in Colorado Springs that may be able to give pricing information.
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Colorado Springs exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quote information.
American Family Insurance - Michael Janzen Agency Inc.
1045 W Garden of the Gods Rd Ste M - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 528-6387 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How long has the business existed?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
Once you have received reasonable responses to your questions and low cost Volkswagen Atlas insurance quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is reputable and can properly service your insurance policy.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Volkswagen Atlas to commute?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Colorado?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Shop around and save
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to find out they didn't purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers work with independent agents. Low-cost Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Colorado Springs is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
We just presented a lot of tips how to lower your Volkswagen Atlas insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)