Want to learn how to buy the cheapest Subaru Baja insurance in Colorado Springs? Cutting costs on Subaru Baja insurance in Colorado Springs might be difficult for people who are new to online price comparisons. Because there are so many companies in the marketplace, it can easily be a challenge to lower your prices on Subaru Baja insurance.
Unbelievable but true, 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Colorado Springs could save as much as $610 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they switched.
It’s smart to quote other rates at least once a year because insurance prices are constantly changing. If you had the lowest rates on Subaru Baja insurance in Colorado Springs a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to show you the right way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Our goal in writing this article tell you the best way to quote coverages and also pocket some savings If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using the concepts covered in this article. But Colorado drivers must learn how insurance companies compete online and use it to find better rates.
All major car insurance companies provide pricing on their websites. Comparing prices online for Subaru Baja insurance in Colorado Springs is pretty painless as you just type in the amount of coverage you want into the form. Upon sending the form, the system requests your driving and credit reports and generates a price.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the cheapest price on car insurance.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the coverage information identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will have a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Colorado, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Car insurance in Colorado serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance preserves both your Subaru Baja and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Colorado Springs overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Earn discounts on Colorado Springs auto insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. Most are applied when you complete an application, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total Baja insurance premium.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their company to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- E-sign – Many auto insurance companies provide a small discount shop Colorado Springs car insurance digitally online.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Colorado Springs can save you money since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will cut your policy premiums.
Large auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, membership and employees, multi-policy, air bags, and driver training.
- Travelers has discounts for save driver, good student, home ownership, multi-car, new car, and early quote.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for anti-theft, family plan, accident-free, multi-policy, business or organization, easy pay, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including youthful driver, distant student, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, and business and professional.
- Esurance discounts include emergency road assistance, multi-policy, good student, renters, and claim free.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, driver’s education, safe vehicle, student away at school, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including ease of repair, multi-policy, location of vehicle, accident-free, professional/association, multi-car, and age of vehicle.
If you need the cheapest Subaru Baja rate quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Colorado Springs. To find auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Colorado Springs, click here.
When should I contact an agent?
A small number of people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get better rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Colorado Springs.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
When looking for a good Colorado Springs insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs that may be able to give comparison quotes.
- CIA-Leavitt Insurance Agency
5585 Erindale Dr #107 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 528-1884 – View Map
- Jensen Insurance Agency
125 N Parkside Dr #201f – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 635-9557 – View Map
- Southern Colorado Insurance Center
4390 Academy Blvd N – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 329-4441 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes use the same agent partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quotes.
- J.R. Rodney State Farm®
1825 Main St #D – Colorado Springs, CO 80911 – (719) 392-7366 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cally O’Donnell
3993 Academy Blvd N – Colorado Springs, CO 80917 – (719) 596-8800 – View Map
- John Youngdahl – State Farm Insurance Agent
600 N Tejon St – Colorado Springs, CO 80903 – (719) 475-8787 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
How much car insurance do I need?
When selecting your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- What is the minimum liability in Colorado?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
One last thing to lower rates
Lower-priced Subaru Baja insurance in Colorado Springs is attainable both online and with local Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on Subaru Baja insurance in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
When shopping online for auto insurance, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
How to find cheaper quotes for Subaru Baja insurance in Colorado Springs
The recommended way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to annually compare prices from companies in Colorado.
First, read and learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like multiple speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Car Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)