It's hard to fathom, but most drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Most drivers in Colorado Springs can cut their rates by almost 35% a year by just shopping around, but they think it's difficult to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper Lexus LC 500 insurance is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Colorado Springs. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and poor credit can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for additional ideas to help reduce prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View companies
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle's registration papers.
The key thing to remember is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you are already insured or just want a better rate, you can use these tips to lower your rates without having to cut coverage. The goal of this article is to teach you a little about the best way to quote coverages and some money-saving tips. Consumers just have to know the quickest method to compare company rates from many companies at once.
Best companies for cheap Lexus LC 500 insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Colorado. To locate the best car insurance in CO, it's a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Eight Tips to Get Cheap Colorado Springs Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
- Vehicle risk impacts prices - The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. Lower cost passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Better drivers have lower premiums - Your driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Multiple policies with one company - Lots of auto insurance companies will give a discount to policyholders that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Younger drivers pay more - More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Don't let your coverage lapse - Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Certain occupations pay higher rates - Jobs like real estate brokers, social workers, and dentists generally have higher rates than the rest of us due to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, students and performers receive lower rates.
- Frequent policy claims increase auto insurance rates - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance companies in Colorado award discounts to policyholders who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- Insurance rates for married couples - Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when buying auto insurance. Marriage means you're more financially stable and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Slash your insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Save with a New Car - Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers have much lower rates in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Colorado Springs car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Multi-line Discount - Select insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Popular insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, good student, multiple autos, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, daytime running lights, military active duty, and seat belt use.
- Allstate may have discounts that include anti-theft, good student, defensive driver, new car, auto/life discount, senior citizen, and teenSMART discount.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, teen safety rewards, homeowner, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and homeowner.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, and multi-car.
If you want the cheapest Lexus LC 500 rate quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply everywhere. To see a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Colorado Springs, click here to view.
Buying from auto insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Colorado Springs.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
When finding a local Colorado Springs insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Colorado Springs are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to contact independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs who may provide pricing information.
- Springs Insurance Brokers
1837 Austin Bluffs Pkwy #101 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 268-1300 - View Map
- Pikes Peak Insurance Agency
2306 N Powers Blvd #120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 591-4500 - View Map
- Southern Colorado Insurance Center
4390 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 329-4441 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quotes.
- Connie Slater - State Farm Insurance Agent
5731 Silverstone Terrace #120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80919 - (719) 268-9003 - View Map
- Roberto Martinez - State Farm Insurance Agent
1216 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 574-0210 - View Map
- Aileen Baldwin - State Farm Insurance Agent
540 W Garden of the Gods Rd - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 599-9044 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How long has the business existed?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How many companies do they write for?
- If they are an independent agency in Colorado Springs, which companies do they recommend?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
After receiving acceptable answers for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to provide insurance coverage.
Persistent drivers can save
You just read many tips how you can get a better price on Lexus LC 500 insurance in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Colorado Springs car insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lexus LC 500 insurance quotes. You may even discover the best rates are with a small mutual company.
While you're price shopping online, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Budget-conscious Lexus LC 500 insurance is definitely available on the web in addition to many Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not have rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies sell through local independent agents.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)