Tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul each month for car insurance? You are no different than many other vehicle owners in Colorado.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who shop around for cheaper prices are inclined to switch car insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who regularly shopped around saved $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best rates on Infiniti G35 insurance in Colorado Springs is your objective, then understanding how to find and compare insurance coverage can make shopping around easier.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Infiniti G35 insurance in Colorado Springs
The preferred way to find better pricing on Infiniti G35 insurance in Colorado Springs is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Colorado. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. As soon as you have the new policy, store the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical coverage information on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Lots of insurers contend to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies and get the best coverage at the best rates possible on Infiniti G35 insurance in Colorado Springs.
Companies offering Infiniti G35 insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Colorado. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Colorado, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get the lowest price.
Don’t neglect these nine discounts
Some insurers don’t necessarily list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current G35 insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Colorado Springs auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get reduced rates.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a safe driver course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for bundle discounts, multi-car, switch companies, teen driver, good student, distant student, and pay in full.
- Esurance may have discounts that include good student, paid-in-full, claim free, multi-car, defensive driver, emergency road assistance, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, accident-free, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, good student, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and military active duty.
- Allstate may include discounts for passive restraint, FullPay discount, good student, premier discount, new car, and early signing.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be offered in your state. To see a list of auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Colorado, click here.
Compare rates but buy from a local Colorado Springs insurance agent
Some consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Colorado Springs who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing a company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Colorado Springs, get answers to these questions.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Colorado Springs insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Colorado Springs are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can do a good job, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. These agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quote information.
Jeff Schmidt – State Farm Insurance Agent
1230 Tenderfoot Hill Rd Ste. 200 – Colorado Springs, CO 80906 – (719) 445-0070 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
When shopping rates, you should always include a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below are Colorado Springs independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
Insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Infiniti G35.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Colorado limits are 25/50/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like chiropractic care, funeral costs, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your G35 from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your G35 to save money on collision insurance.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/15 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses, loss of income, structural damage and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Colorado state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The next chart shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate.
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hail damage, vandalism and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Colorado car insurance companies ranked
Selecting the right car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Colorado. The ranking data listed below may help you decide which providers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
A little work can save a LOT of money
A few companies don’t offer online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Lower-priced Infiniti G35 insurance in Colorado Springs can be purchased online in addition to many Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford.
Steps to finding more affordable Infiniti G35 insurance in Colorado Springs
The best way we recommend to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to start comparing prices yearly from providers in Colorado.
- First, read about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like your driving record and a substandard credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources. Select a company
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)