Honda HR-V insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. The average driver in the U.S. could save themselves $850 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't invest the time required to compare other rate quotes.
If you want to save money, the best way to find low-cost Honda HR-V insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who provide car insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on HR-V insurance. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. Make sure you store the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
If you already have coverage or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to save money without reducing protection. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Colorado Springs is really not that difficult. Drivers just need to know the least time-consuming way to shop their coverage around using one simple form.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is an easy way to save money. All that's required is to take a couple of minutes comparing price quotes to find the company with the cheapest Honda HR-V rate quotes.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to drive around to local Colorado Springs insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates this option unless you require the professional guidance of a licensed agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get prices online and still use a local agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Earn discounts on Colorado Springs insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there's a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Distant Student - College-age children living away from Colorado Springs attending college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- 55 and Retired - Mature drivers can get a small discount on rates.
- Drive Less and Save - Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Onboard Data Collection - Colorado Springs drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- No Accidents - Colorado Springs drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Colorado Springs auto insurance quote in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Colorado Springs may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy before your current HR-V insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Honda HR-V insurance quotes in Colorado Springs in Colorado Springs, click here to view.
Local neighborhood agents and insurance
Some people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Colorado Springs who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
When looking for a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they work. Agencies in Colorado Springs can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both can sell insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they differ because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to include multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below are Colorado Springs independent agencies who may be able to give you free insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Colorado Springs that are able to give comparison quotes.
Picking the best car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Once you have good responses and the cheapest Honda HR-V insurance in Colorado Springs quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide insurance.
How You Can Control Honda HR-V Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Physical damage deductibles - Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called 'full coverage', covers damage that occurs to your Honda. Some coverage claims could be a dented fender, vandalism, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Liability coverage is important - The liability section of your policy will provide protection when you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Tickets will cost you - A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single moving violation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have license-revoking violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Where do you drive? - The more miles you rack up on your Honda each year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Having an incorrect usage rating on your HR-V may be costing you. Ask your agent if your insurance declarations sheet reflects the right rating data.
- Improve your credit rating and save - Your credit history is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Honda HR-V by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Prices can change based on your address - Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer people means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Drivers who live in large Colorado cities have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. More time on the road statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda HR-V in Colorado Springs, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Honda with a loan, it's most likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Honda HR-V but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
How much can you save?
While you're price shopping online, it's not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
We just covered some good ideas how to compare Honda HR-V insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 4x4 Vehicles in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)