Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,800, drivers could cut their rates by up to 35% a year, but they don't understand how simple it is to find lower-cost auto insurance rates.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save money on car insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in Colorado.
- First, spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new agent or company. Immediately put the certificate of insurance in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
One tip to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the concepts covered in this article. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Colorado Springs is really quite easy. Nevertheless, Colorado car owners must learn how big insurance companies sell insurance online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Your job may affect rates - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupational choices like military personnel, air traffic controllers, and miners tend to pay higher average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, jobs like professors, students and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Insurance rates for married couples - Being married may earn you lower rates on your policy. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
Improve your credit score - A driver's credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit. If your credit history is not that good, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet TrailBlazer by repairing your credit.
High coverage deductibles save money - Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Chevy from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be a broken side mirror, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose are how much you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Car insurance rates and age - Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teen drivers have a tendency to be more careless with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
If you don't need it don't buy it - Policies have extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren't diligent. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but if they're wasting money get rid of them and save.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Colorado Springs?
Some companies don't always publicize every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Payment Method - By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Putting coverage on a new TrailBlazer can get you a discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Student Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course in high school.
- Driver Training Discounts - Successfully completing a course in safe driver is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Good Drivers - Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Air Bag Discount - Cars that have air bags could see savings up to 30%.
- Good Students Pay Less - Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts include:
It's a good idea to ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply in your area.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
Lower-priced insurance in Colorado Springs can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Colorado Springs car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not offer rate quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
When you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped full coverage only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just read some good ideas how to shop for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with a smaller regional carrier. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Much more information about insurance in Colorado can be read at the links below
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 4x4 Vehicles in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)