Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of Colorado auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Most drivers in America could save nearly 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Colorado Springs. You can compare rates by following these steps.
First, try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Colorado Springs. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to put the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Colorado Springs is quite easy. If you have a current auto insurance policy or want to find a cheaper company, take advantage of these tips to lower your rates while maximizing coverage. Smart buyers just have to understand the tricks to compare price quotes over the internet.
Discounts can help save money on Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Colorado Springs
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Memberships – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current Crossfire insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select car insurance companies reward you with better prices if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Paperwork-free – Certain larger companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on your computer.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, air bags, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, and emergency military deployment.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for group or association, safe driver, mature driver, student away at school, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, good student, bundled insurance, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and good driver.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for good student, homeowner, Switch & Save, safety device, and DriveSense.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online signing, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, passive restraint, student away at school, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, multi-car, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
If you are trying to find low cost Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Colorado Springs. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer online Chrysler Crossfire insurance quotes in Colorado, click this link.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Colorado. To get cheap auto insurance in Colorado, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to the right insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my Chrysler Crossfire is worth?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Chrysler Crossfire?
- Who is covered when they drive my Chrysler Crossfire?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance quotes from neighborhood Colorado Springs auto insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Colorado Springs that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you instantly. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good provider should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Any agent in Colorado Springs should have no problem answering these questions:
- Does their agency support local causes in Colorado Springs?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Colorado Springs?
- How often do they review coverages?
If you are wanting to find a local Colorado Springs insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs willing to provide price quote information.
American Family Insurance – Mario Aragon Agency Inc.
1135 E Fillmore St – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 570-0707 – View Map
American Family Insurance – Dean Skaret Agency Inc.
2340 Academy Blvd N – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 597-4330 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs willing to provide price quote information.
If you feel you receive reasonable responses for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, you may have found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to properly service your insurance policy. But keep in mind you can always cancel your policy at any time so never feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent for a certain time period.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions and high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
You just read a lot of tips how to lower your Chrysler Crossfire insurance auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best auto insurance rates are with the least-expected company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
To read more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Business Use in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)