Unbelievable but true, the majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Colorado Springs consumers can cut their rates by roughly 35% a year, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
Really, the only way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers in Colorado Springs.
- Try to understand coverages and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
A good piece of advice is that you use the same level of coverage on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This provides a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
The method we recommend to compare policy rates for Chrysler 200 insurance in Colorado Springs takes advantage of the fact almost all companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as your general credit rating, driver ages, how much you drive, and level of coverage desired. The data is sent automatically to all major companies and you get price estimates very quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Colorado, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chrysler 200 in Colorado Springs, paying for auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Chrysler for a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Chrysler 200. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Colorado overpays more than $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Chrysler 200 insurance discounts in Colorado Springs
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow companies to analyze their driving habits by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison with bad drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current 200 insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- American Family includes discounts for multi-vehicle, accident-free, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, and air bags.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for defensive driver, teen driver, good student, automatic seat belts, and theft prevention.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including good student, IntelliDrive, student away at school, payment discounts, early quote, and home ownership.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, air bags, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
When getting free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in every state.
What if I want to buy from local Colorado Springs auto insurance agents?
Many people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can do a good job, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quote information.
- Progressive Insurance
12710 Voyager Pkwy – Colorado Springs, CO 80921 – (719) 582-2759 – View Map
- Brandon Sullivan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5615 Constitution Ave – Colorado Springs, CO 80915 – (719) 597-5000 – View Map
- Tom Harbert – State Farm Insurance Agent
8027 Academy Blvd N – Colorado Springs, CO 80920 – (719) 594-4500 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs willing to provide comparison quotes.
- ALINK Insurance Services- Colorado Springs Location
2407 W Colorado Ave – Colorado Springs, CO 80904 – (719) 473-6262 – View Map
- CIA-Leavitt Insurance Agency
5585 Erindale Dr #107 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 528-1884 – View Map
- WIN Insurance Agency
3485 Academy Blvd N Ste 101 – Colorado Springs, CO 80917 – (719) 599-9494 – View Map
Car insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Chrysler 200.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed, fire damage, falling objects and vandalism. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as chiropractic care, dental work, pain medications and funeral costs. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 25/50/15 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like funeral expenses, pain and suffering and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to cover claims.
Collision insurance covers damage to your 200 caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your 200 to bring the cost down.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just presented some good ideas how you can save on Chrysler 200 insurance in Colorado Springs. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Some auto insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Discount Chrysler 200 insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
More information is located below:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)