Would you like to stop wasting money and find more competitive Chevy Trax insurance in Colorado Springs? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a Chevy Trax in Colorado can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to find lower rates.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Chevy and get the best price possible either online or from Colorado Springs insurance agents.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes periodically because rates go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Chevy Trax insurance in Colorado Springs two years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to buy cheaper insurance without reducing protection. Finding the best-priced insurance in Colorado Springs is actually quite simple. Shoppers only need an understanding of the proper methods to compare company rates from many different companies.
Affordable companies for Chevy Trax insurance in Colorado
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the lowest price.
Colorado Springs insurance discounts for a Chevy Trax
Some companies don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so below is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy prior to your current Trax insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes online.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance depending on your company.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for reduced rates.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for alternative fuel, pay in full, homeowner, distant student, and multi-car.
- Esurance may have discounts that include online shopper, DriveSense, multi-policy, defensive driver, multi-car, and emergency road assistance.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, anti-lock brakes, driver training, air bags, and multi-policy.
- Allstate discounts include premier discount, early signing, premier plus, auto/life discount, and FullPay discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Colorado Springs.
Smart Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Prices
Many things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but some are less apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
The items below are most of the major factors insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
You may save more by consolidating policies – The majority of insurance companies afford better rates to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare Chevy Trax rates in Colorado Springs to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Accidents are costly – Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even one ticket can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get multiple violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Your credit score is important – Your credit score factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Trax by improving your rating.
Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If the Chevy Trax earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
Cheaper to insure women? – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Women and men tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but guys have costlier accidents. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
Save by driving less – The higher the miles on your Chevy annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven. An incorrectly rated Trax may be costing you.
Liability insurance limits are a factor – Liability insurance is the protection if ever you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Loss statistics for a Chevy Trax – Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage.
The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Trax vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD||79|
|Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD||81|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Many people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local agents is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to agents in your area that provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agencies in Colorado Springs can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can sell auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it may influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are Colorado Springs independent agents that may be able to give price quotes.
- CIA-Leavitt Insurance Agency
5585 Erindale Dr #107 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 528-1884 – View Map
- Benson Insurance Group, LLC
5155 N Academy, #110 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 622-3079 – View Map
- A Better Choice Auto Insurance
1863 N Circle Dr – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 667-1301 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. These agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Connie Slater – State Farm Insurance Agent
5731 Silverstone Terrace #120 – Colorado Springs, CO 80919 – (719) 268-9003 – View Map
- State Farm: Dan Lewis
1867 S Academy Blvd – Colorado Springs, CO 80916 – (719) 434-3944 – View Map
- Dave Beadles – State Farm Insurance Agent
308 W Fillmore St #106 – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 632-5433 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Colorado Springs?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
How to find a good Colorado Springs auto insurance company
Buying coverage from a highly-rated auto insurance provider is hard considering how many choices there are in Colorado Springs. The company ratings in the lists below can help you choose which providers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Smart consumers save more
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to compare Chevy Trax insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, poor customer service or even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
How to find affordable quotes for Chevy Trax insurance in Colorado Springs
The most effective way to find cheaper Chevy Trax insurance in Colorado Springs is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Colorado.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)