It takes a little time, but the best way to get low-cost Volkswagen e-Golf insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Colorado Springs. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many things that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a bad credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for more information to help reduce premium rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Colorado Springs. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,810, drivers could save themselves approximately 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare other rate quotes.
If you’re already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these money-saving tips to save money and still get good coverage. Quoting and comparing rates for cheaper car insurance in Colorado Springs is not that difficult. Smart shoppers just have to understand the most time-saving way to compare company rates from multiple carriers.
Components of Your Volkswagen e-Golf Insurance Premiums
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the items used by your company to calculate rates.
Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most companies afford lower prices to customers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal.
Auto insurance policy lapses increase auto insurance rates – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a misdemeanor and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Colorado department of motor vehicles.
Type of car determines base premiums – The type of vehicle you own makes a huge difference in your rates. The best insurance prices will normally be found when insuring small economy passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Mature drivers pay less – Drivers with little experience have been known to be easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older people are more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
Which gender costs less? – Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. They both are in accidents in similar numbers, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
Don’t skimp on liability coverage – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
No insurance claims equals lower premiums – Auto insurance companies in Colorado generally give cheaper rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Your car’s features help determine premiums – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart vehicle theft.
How to shop Volkswagen e-Golf insurance online
Most major insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive provide insurance quotes direct online. Comparing Volkswagen e-Golf insurance rates online is quite simple as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. When the form is submitted, their system will obtain your driving and credit reports and quotes a price determined by many factors.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Colorado Springs makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you want to find affordable rates.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will receive rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen e-Golf in Colorado Springs, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volkswagen e-Golf, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Volkswagen but also your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your e-Golf more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheaper Colorado Springs car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on the internet.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who live away from home at college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Colorado Springs car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used e-Golf is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, federal employee, anti-theft, and military active duty.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, air bags, safe driver, and teen driver.
- American Family has discounts for TimeAway discount, good student, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, air bags, and accident-free.
- Esurance has savings for homeowner, multi-car, Switch & Save, anti-theft, paid-in-full, online quote, and emergency road assistance.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, homeowner, good student, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, good driver, student away at school, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- AAA may offer discounts for good student, pay-in-full, education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in every state. To find insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Colorado Springs, click here to view.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Colorado Springs car insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does their agency support local causes in Colorado Springs?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Types of auto insurance agents in Colorado Springs
If you’re trying to find a local agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. These agents are highly trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Michael Janzen Agency Inc.
1045 W Garden of the Gods Rd Ste M – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 528-6387 – View Map
- Dave Beadles – State Farm Insurance Agent
308 W Fillmore St #106 – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 632-5433 – View Map
- Tom Calvin – State Farm Insurance Agent
1311 E Fillmore St – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 473-3600 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When shopping rates, we recommend you get quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quotes.
- WIN Insurance Agency
3485 Academy Blvd N Ste 101 – Colorado Springs, CO 80917 – (719) 599-9494 – View Map
- Pikes Peak Insurance Agency
2306 N Powers Blvd #120 – Colorado Springs, CO 80915 – (719) 591-4500 – View Map
- Mary Beth Stiltner Insurance Agency
1880 Dublin Blvd # C – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 528-1555 – View Map
If you get reasonable responses and cheap e-Golf insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that can be relied on to provide auto insurance coverage. Just be aware that it’s your policy and you can terminate your policy any time you want so never assume you’re contractually obligated to the auto insurance policy for the entire policy term.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider can be pretty painless.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Colorado Springs can be sourced both online and with local Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)