The best way we recommend to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in Colorado Springs.
- Try to learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to lower rates. Many things that cause rate increases such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for ideas to help reduce prices and earn larger discounts.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use identical coverages on each quote request and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who get price comparisons will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved $72 a month compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance is your objective, learning how to quote and compare coverages can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The goal of this article is to familiarize you with the best ways to compare prices and also pocket some savings If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using these techniques. Nevertheless, Colorado vehicle owners must understand how companies set your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from local Colorado Springs car insurance companies. The recommended way to compare insurance prices is to jump online and get quotes. When quoting car insurance, remember that quoting more helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. In order to find cheap car insurance in Colorado, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Subaru B9 Tribeca but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado overpays as much as $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to study where and when they drive remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a class that teaches driver safety techniques could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Paperwork-free – Many insurance companies may give you up to $50 get Colorado Springs auto insurance digitally online.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for business and professional, bundle discounts, good student, alternative fuel, and mature driver.
- Farm Bureau discounts include youthful driver, renewal discount, driver training, good student, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, anti-theft, multiple policy, safe vehicle, student away at school, and good driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, seat belt use, federal employee, five-year accident-free, military active duty, defensive driver, and air bags.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for drive less, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include good student, newly married, safety features, new move discount, and multi-car.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company how you can save money. Savings might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Colorado, click here.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Some consumers would rather go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with small agencies is still important in Colorado Springs.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Colorado Springs that provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because prices are sent to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with companies you’ve never heard of which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs who may provide free price quotes.
- A Better Choice Auto Insurance
1863 N Circle Dr – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 667-1301 – View Map
- WIN Insurance Agency
3485 Academy Blvd N Ste 101 – Colorado Springs, CO 80917 – (719) 599-9494 – View Map
- Benson Insurance Group, LLC
5155 N Academy, #110 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 622-3079 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can give you comparison quotes.
- Lee Ann Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
3649 Star Ranch Rd – Colorado Springs, CO 80906 – (719) 540-9520 – View Map
- Peter Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
106 N Circle Drive – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 633-0300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Wermers Agency Inc
1283 Kelly Johnson Blvd – Colorado Springs, CO 80920 – (719) 471-6777 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
If you feel you receive positive feedback to any questions you have as well as affordable Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance rates in Colorado Springs quotes, you may have found an insurance agent that is a good match to adequately provide auto insurance.
Which auto insurance company is best in Colorado Springs?
Insuring your vehicle with the best insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Colorado Springs. The company rank data displayed below may help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
We covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Some insurance providers may not have online price quotes and many times these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Colorado Springs is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Additional auto insurance information is located at these links:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)