Anyone knows that car insurance companies don't want you shop around. People who shop around for a cheaper policy are highly likely to switch auto insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A study showed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $865 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price for insurance in Colorado Springs is your ultimate goal, then learning about how to quote prices and compare car insurance can make the process less intimidating.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget Pontiac GTO insurance is to compare prices annually from insurers who provide car insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as high-risk driving behaviors and a low credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this enables a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Locating the best rates in Colorado Springs is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you're already insured, you will be able to reduce premiums using the ideas you're about to read. Comparison shoppers just have to understand the most effective way to get comparison rates over the internet.
Cheaper Pontiac GTO insurance rates in Colorado Springs
Companies that sell car insurance don't always publicize every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings up to 30%.
- Early Signing - A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current GTO insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Senior Citizens - Older drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Drivers Education - Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Active Military Service - Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Telematics Data - People who choose to allow companies to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way. Any amount of discount should help reduce the amount you have to pay.
To choose insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Colorado, click this link.
Most companies give price estimates from their websites. Doing online quotes for Pontiac GTO insurance in Colorado Springs doesn't take much effort as all you need to do is type in your required coverages as detailed in the form. Once entered, the quote system sends out for credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on these and other factors. Quoting online for Pontiac GTO insurance in Colorado Springs streamlines rate comparisons, and it's necessary to do this in order to get lower-cost insurance pricing.
In order to compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you copy the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Colorado. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in CO, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
When should I get advice from an agent?
A small number of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you would need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company shouldn't rely on just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How long has their agency been in business in Colorado Springs?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Colorado Springs?
When narrowing the list to find a local Colorado Springs insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they operate. Colorado Springs agents can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both can insure your vehicles, but it's a good idea to understand the difference between them since it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are Colorado Springs exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Ross Silva Agency - American Family Insurance
2746 E Bijou St - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 597-2800 - View Map
American Family Insurance - Dave Karstens Agency Inc.
3225 Templeton Gap Rd Ste 104 - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 636-3336 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, it's a good idea to include multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can give you rate quotes.
Shop smart and save
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
A few companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Cost effective Pontiac GTO insurance is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can reduce Pontiac GTO insurance premium rates online in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding low cost Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)