How long have you put off shopping around for low-cost auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs, CO? Colorado Springs drivers have lots of choices when trying to find low-cost Lexus RC 300 insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance and you need to know the best way to get price quotes on a Lexus and locate the lowest price.
It's safe to conclude that car insurance companies don't want you to compare rates. Insureds who shop around for better prices will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A survey found that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved over $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance in Colorado Springs is why you're here, then learning a little about how to find companies and compare insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Best companies for competitive Lexus RC 300 insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. To buy cheap car insurance in Colorado Springs, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance Cheaper
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you big savings.
- Save money with higher physical damage deductibles - Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Lexus. Some examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your auto insurance will be.
- Big cities have higher rates - Being located in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. People who live in big cities have to deal with more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Safety ratings are a factor - Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Lexus earned at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Alarm systems save money - Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent vehicle theft.
- Teen drivers pay more - More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Inexperience drivers tend to be inattentive when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
Colorado Springs insurance discounts for a Lexus RC 300
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active duty in the military can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Drivers who don't have accidents pay much less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a discount up to 10%.
- Early Switch Discount - Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current RC 300 insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Own a Home - Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Safe Driver Discount - Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Driver's Ed - Teen drivers should take driver's ed class in high school.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
Some companies who might offer these benefits include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your state. To find insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Colorado Springs, click this link.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Colorado Springs auto insurance agent
Many people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting small agencies is definitely important in Colorado Springs.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is sent to companies in Colorado Springs that give free quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Two types of Colorado Springs car insurance agents
If you are searching for a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both handle insurance, but it's worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing insurance prices, you should always check rates from several independent agencies to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are independent agencies in Colorado Springs who may provide free price quotes.
- Six and Geving Insurance Inc
3630 Sinton Rd # 200 - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 590-9990 - View Map
- Insurance Network of Co
2525 W Pikes Peak Ave # C - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 635-9720 - View Map
- O'Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 227-7100 - View Map
Exclusive agents work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Colorado Springs that can give you price quote information.
- American Family Insurance - Dave Karstens Agency Inc.
3225 Templeton Gap Rd Ste 104 - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 636-3336 - View Map
- State Farm: Austin Morgan
1806 Dominion Way Suite A - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 630-1800 - View Map
- Dave Beadles - State Farm Insurance Agent
308 W Fillmore St #106 - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 632-5433 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
After receiving acceptable answers and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying your policy for your vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
Lower-priced Lexus RC 300 insurance in Colorado Springs is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Colorado Springs agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high prices, not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just presented some good ideas how to lower your Lexus RC 300 insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
How to find low-cost Lexus RC 300 insurance in Colorado Springs
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get the cheapest Lexus RC 300 insurance is to compare prices regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in Colorado Springs. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as distracted driving and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to try to use identical coverages on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)