Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who provide car insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Try to learn a little about coverages and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher prices like traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for additional ideas to find cheap rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper IS 300 coverage is available in Colorado Springs. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. When you receive it, store the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare identical coverages on every quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who shop for lower rates will most likely switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who routinely compared rates saved as much as $865 a year as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance in Colorado Springs is your ultimate target, then having an understanding of the best way to quote and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
How to compare Lexus IS 300 insurance price quotes in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Most of the larger companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get coverage price quotes online. This process doesn’t take a lot of time as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences on the page. When complete, their rating system will order your driving and credit reports and provides a quote based on these factors.
Quoting online for Lexus IS 300 insurance in Colorado Springs makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find affordable rates.
To save time and find out what other companies charge, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you will be getting comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Lexus vehicle
Despite the high cost, car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lexus IS 300 has a loan, most lenders will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Lexus IS 300 and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Earn discounts on Colorado Springs car insurance
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but some must be manually applied before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Paperwork-free – Some car insurance companies will provide an incentive get Colorado Springs auto insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get reduced rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Lexus may allow you to get lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will cut your premiums.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, seat belt use, daytime running lights, good student, driver training, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- USAA includes discounts for driver training, good student, annual mileage, defensive driver, and vehicle storage.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- American Family offers discounts including air bags, early bird, multi-vehicle, good student, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance may have discounts that include renters, good student, homeowner, safety device, good driver, multi-car, and claim free.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for distant student, alternative fuel, pay in full, bundle discounts, youthful driver, business and professional, and multi-car.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, student away at school, passive restraint, multiple policy, and good student.
When getting free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurers with discount rates in Colorado Springs, click here.
Local Colorado Springs auto insurance agents
Many people just want to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Colorado Springs.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the price. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be willing to answer these questions.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
Upon getting reasonable responses to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurer that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you are entitled to cancel your coverage whenever you want so don’t feel you are locked into a specific agent indefinitely.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is pet coverage available?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- What is glass protection for?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Colorado auto insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices there are in Colorado Springs. The ranking data in the next section can help you choose which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Auto insurance coverage options for a Lexus IS 300
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This will pay to fix damage to your IS 300 resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible on your IS 300 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like vandalism, rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and damage from flooding. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills for things like funeral costs, doctor visits and ambulance fees. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Lexus IS 300.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Usually these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/15 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
In this article, we presented many tips how you can compare Lexus IS 300 insurance premium rates in Colorado Springs. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
Cheaper Lexus IS 300 insurance in Colorado Springs is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, so get free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and many times these smaller providers work with independent insurance agencies.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)