The easiest way to get affordable Lexus GX 460 insurance in Colorado Springs is to compare prices once a year from different companies that sell auto insurance in Colorado. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Read about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates like inattentive driving and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Find a Colorado Springs insurance agent
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper GX 460 coverage is available. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, put the proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle's registration papers.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you'll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers have been with the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never shopped around. Colorado Springs consumers could save $610 each year, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare other rate quotes.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Colorado. To locate the best auto insurance in CO, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rates and statistics
The rate information shown below outlines different insurance premium costs for Lexus GX 460 models. Having insight into how insurance prices are figured can assist in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GX 460 4WD 4-Dr||$316||$500||$460||$28||$138||$1,442||$120|
|GX 460 Premium 4WD 4-Dr||$348||$500||$460||$28||$138||$1,474||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Colorado Springs which can raise or lower insurance rates substantially.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Colorado is an important decision
Even though Colorado Springs GX 460 insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lexus with a loan, most banks will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Lexus for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Lexus but also your financial assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Colorado is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance coverages explained
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your Lexus GX 460.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Colorado limits are 25/50/15), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Collision coverage - This will pay to fix damage to your GX 460 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible on your GX 460 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense insurance - Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for X-ray expenses, EMT expenses, nursing services and pain medications. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability - Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/15 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as medical expenses, funeral expenses, legal defense fees, bail bonds and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) - Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from getting keyed, theft, fire damage, damage from flooding and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you'll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
Cheap Lexus GX 460 insurance in Colorado Springs is definitely available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it's not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare Lexus GX 460 insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)