Kia Sorento insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Unbelievably, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. The average driver in Colorado could save themselves $605 a year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to do a rate comparison.
The best way we recommend to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Colorado.
- Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and poor credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives ideas to prevent rate hikes and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Colorado Springs. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. Be sure to put the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This enables an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
When shopping for affordable Kia Sorento insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from local Colorado Springs insurance companies. The best method to find competitive Kia Sorento insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding better pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give price estimates online, so it's important to compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Colorado. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Colorado, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance is not optional
Even though Colorado Springs Sorento insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Kia for a lot more money and make you pay for it.
Third, insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Colorado Springs insurance discounts for a Kia Sorento
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Colorado Springs auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Putting insurance on a new Sorento may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- No Accidents - Colorado Springs drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates compared to bad drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Memberships - Participating in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your policy.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way. But any discount will lower the amount you pay for coverage.
A partial list of companies that may have most of the discounts above include:
If you are trying to find affordable Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered everywhere.
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you directly. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Colorado?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- How many years have they been established?
Upon receiving positive feedback to any questions you have as well as cheaper Sorento insurance quotes, most likely you have located a company that can be trusted to provide auto insurance coverage. It's important to know that policyholders can cancel your policy whenever you wish so don't think you're contractually obligated to a specific agent for the full term.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Colorado?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
How much can you save?
When you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some companies may not provide rates over the internet and these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents. Cheaper Kia Sorento insurance in Colorado Springs is available online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Kia Sorento insurance in Colorado Springs. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest prices are with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More learning opportunities
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)